Callback for Knockouts

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Troumbomb

Callback for Knockouts

Post by Troumbomb »

I noticed today that there was an option to turn on callbacks for KO's in tournaments. I checked out the PHP examples, and this stood out to me:

case "TourneyKnockout":
fwrite($f,"Event = " . $event . "\n");
fwrite($f,"Name = " . $_POST["Name"] . "\n");
fwrite($f,"Table = " . $_POST["Table"] . "\n");
fwrite($f,"Player = " . $_POST["Player"] . "\n");
fwrite($f,"Bounty = " . $_POST["Bounty"] . "\n");
fwrite($f,"Hand = " . $_POST["Hand"] . "\n");
fwrite($f,"Time = " . $_POST["Time"] . "\n");
fwrite($f,"\n");

How does it know how much the KO is worth? I've never seen a setting for that so I do them manually after tournaments end. Sorry if I'm misinterpreting what that line means - thanks!
Troumbomb

Re: Callback for Knockouts

Post by Troumbomb »

I actually found the answer to my own question after more searching in the forums. Not sure how to delete a post, so just posting this reply. Sorry!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Callback for Knockouts

Post by Kent Briggs »

Yeah, the "Bounty" parameter is not an amount, it is just the name of the person who knocked out the other player. All of the callback parameters are explained in the yellow help box that appears when you select the setting:

"Tournament knockout event: Set to Yes if you want the callback URL to be called when a player is knocked out of a tournament by another player. Seven POST parameters are sent: Event, Name, Table, Player, Bounty, Hand, and Time. Event will be set to "TourneyKnockout", Name is the tournament name, Table is the table number, Player is the player that was knocked out, Bounty is the player (or players) that knocked out the player, Hand is the hand number"