Can't seem to get other people to login

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Can't seem to get other people to login

Post by Kent Briggs »

Reyes wrote:Everything was find after purchase n setting up I was able to get the server going, I was able to login and sit on a table
So you were able to click Start without getting an error previously on that same computer?
Can I unistall and install on a different computer?
Yes, just remember to match the Local IP with your router's port forwarding.
Reyes

Post by Reyes »

Sorry for the delay didn't see ayour comment on a new page

So you were able to click Start without getting an error previously on that same computer? - yes
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Reyes wrote:So you were able to click Start without getting an error previously on that same computer? - yes
Need to figure out what changed since then. Try using different values for "File Port" and "Packet Port". Keeping them consecutive makes the router settings easier (e.g., 80 and 81, 9087 and 9088, etc.). Try that just to see if you can click Start without getting the socket error. If that works then change your router settings to match.
Reyes

Post by Reyes »

So thnk I got it. Went through all the steps again. So apparently i just disable firewall n anti virus protection n it worked. Which I dont get because the poker maven software was allowed. So now how can I keep my protection and run the program. I just saw it was in the directory listing under "privite"
Reyes

Post by Reyes »

Feel like we are close lol it's in the directory but not working.
Attachments
port8.JPG
port8.JPG (48.58 KiB) Viewed 7857 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Reyes wrote:So thnk I got it. Went through all the steps again. So apparently i just disable firewall n anti virus protection n it worked. Which I dont get because the poker maven software was allowed. So now how can I keep my protection and run the program. I just saw it was in the directory listing under "privite"
What's the name of your anti-virus program?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Reyes wrote:Feel like we are close lol it's in the directory but not working.
Have someone on the outside check for you (I can if you go back online). Whether or not you can connect to your own internet IP depends on if your router supports NAT loopback.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Nevermind, I see "Flop House" in the public listing but cannot connect. So your port forwarding is not correct. Double-check everything:

Look at "Local IP address" and make sure the 192.168.xxx.xxx number matches the router port forwarding.
Use the Lookup button again on the "Internet IP address" setting and make sure that hasn't changed.
Make sure File Port and Packet Port are still 8087 and 8088 and that matches the ranges in the router.
Reyes

Post by Reyes »

I use bullguard at the moment.

Also I did that a few people from the u.s but they get the same message "Site cannot be reached" It's online.

Our group is flop house
Reyes

Post by Reyes »

Attached please find my details
Attachments
port11.JPG
port11.JPG (31.62 KiB) Viewed 7853 times
port 10.JPG
port 10.JPG (75.19 KiB) Viewed 7853 times
port9.JPG
port9.JPG (56.54 KiB) Viewed 7853 times