Sitting Out

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
cuervo5150

Sitting Out

Post by cuervo5150 »

Greetings,

Not sure if this has been brought up or not, but here goes. I am having players pre-register for tournaments and not show up to play them, and sometimes even place in the money. The players showing up are complaining that it is not fair nor fun, to have people just sitting there not participating and then finish ahead of a live player.

So, how can I remove a player from a tourney that does not show up, say, after level 4 ends? I've looked for an official ruling on this, ,but could not find anything that addressed this particular issue. Is it a matter of making it a house rule, and if so can it be implemented?

Thank you,

Chris
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Sitting Out

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote: So, how can I remove a player from a tourney that does not show up, say, after level 4 ends? I've looked for an official ruling on this, ,but could not find anything that addressed this particular issue. Is it a matter of making it a house rule, and if so can it be implemented?
You'll need to manually unregister them before the tournament starts and/or enable the "Unregister at logout" setting so they are unregistered if they logout before it starts. Otherwise they paid their buy-in fee and it went into the prize pool. Sitting out is the equivalent of folding every hand, which you have the right to do in a tourney until you are blinded out.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

I disagree. In "Freeroll Tournaments" many clubs and some of the online cash sites blind a "sitter" out for a period of time and then remove their chips from the table. As a courtesy, we like to start the tournament with all registered players and if a player is a few minutes late, they are still in.

Since there is no buy-in for a freeroll the sitter has not paid into the pot. There is no harm to the sitter and it makes the game much more pleasant for the players who bothered to show up for the game. So PM should have a way to remove players from an active tournament.

Cheers!

George
www.playersclub.ca
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

CanadaWest wrote:Since there is no buy-in for a freeroll the sitter has not paid into the pot.
Yes, a freeroll would be a special case where removing someone wouldn't affect the prize pool. I might consider that.