Users gone from accounts after error

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Tuck Fheman

Re: Users gone from accounts after error

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Ok it popped up again tonight. I've added another 30 GB to the server so storage should not be an issue (if it was).

Here are the instances it's happened since I setup. Each are followed by a series of "AccountsThread.Execute error: Transaction is already opened." lines.

2017-07-06 21:11:23|AccountsThread.Execute error: SQLite3 error: disk I/O error

2017-07-09 08:34:41|AccountsThread.Execute error: SQLite3 error: disk I/O error

2017-07-10 00:00:15|AccountsThread.Execute error: Transaction is already opened.

2017-07-11 16:54:51|Accounts.db step error, SQLite code 10
2017-07-11 16:54:51|AccountsThread.Execute error: SQLite3 error: cannot commit - no transaction is active
2017-07-11 16:54:56|AccountsThread.Execute error: Transaction is already opened.

Any idea what could be causing this?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Something is preventing the program from writing to the Accounts.db file in your data folder. I've never seen reports of that before. Do you have any kind of backup software that could be touching that file?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

I'd also suggest just deleting the .db files in the data folder in case they got corrupted somehow (you will lose the accounts doing that). And also re-installing the program to make sure the SQLite DLL file is not somehow corrupted.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:I'd also suggest just deleting the .db files in the data folder in case they got corrupted somehow (you will lose the accounts doing that). And also re-installing the program to make sure the SQLite DLL file is not somehow corrupted.
uhff. I have a little over 90 people signed up now. =/
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:Something is preventing the program from writing to the Accounts.db file in your data folder. I've never seen reports of that before. Do you have any kind of backup software that could be touching that file?
Nope. I've yet to install it.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:And also re-installing the program to make sure the SQLite DLL file is not somehow corrupted.
I had just reinstalled with Gold version prior to last nights errors.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Tuck Fheman wrote:Immunet & Malwarebytes
I would suggest disabling these completely, at least temporarily, to see if one or the other is the issue.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:
Tuck Fheman wrote:Immunet & Malwarebytes
I would suggest disabling these completely, at least temporarily, to see if one or the other is the issue.
Here's what the support at my VPS host sent to me when they checked to see if it was something on their end.

https://s20.postimg.org/ar3kecuvx/error_2.png

https://s20.postimg.org/66hdzfb6l/error1.png
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

None of that tells me much. If you google "SQLite3 error: disk I/O error" you'll see it's usually something related to file i/o access rights.
Tuck Fheman

Post by Tuck Fheman »

Kent Briggs wrote:
None of that tells me much. If you google "SQLite3 error: disk I/O error" you'll see it's usually something related to file i/o access rights.
I've had no errors in two days since increasing disk space, but will keep an eye on it.