Best way to pause a tournament

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
social

Best way to pause a tournament

Post by social »

Please advise about the *best* technique for Pausing a Tournament for 5 or 10 minutes at points after it has started.

Sometimes I want players to be able to attend to some other events without missing action in the tournament.

So, I would like to be able to pause the tournament, and then when the event is over, enable the action to resume where it was left off.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Best way to pause a tournament

Post by Kent Briggs »

You can do it manually right from the console or remote interface: select tournament, click Action button on the toolbar, then Pause (now) or Pause (after hand). Use the Resume command to continue. To automate this, there are TournamentsPause and TournamentsResume commands in the API.
social

Post by social »

Thanks, so does it give a notice that there will be a pause and let everyone finish their hands first?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Thanks, so does it give a notice that there will be a pause and let everyone finish their hands first?
The "after hand" option does exactly that. The pause occurs once the current hand finishes at all tables. A System message appears in the table chat stating "Game has been paused by the Administrator".
social

Post by social »

Thanks, is there any way I can rig it so that players would be able to Buy More Chips during the Pause?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Thanks, is there any way I can rig it so that players would be able to Buy More Chips during the Pause?
They can but they won't see confirmation of it until you resume it.
social

Post by social »

Not sure what Procedures will allow this?
From searching "rebuy/addons" it appears that there is no way to allow purchase of Addons,
and Rebuys are only available if you are below the starting Chipstack?

'Are you referring to simply allowing Rebuys up to and including the time of the "Pauses"?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:Not sure what Procedures will allow this?
From searching "rebuy/addons" it appears that there is no way to allow purchase of Addons,
and Rebuys are only available if you are below the starting Chipstack?

'Are you referring to simply allowing Rebuys up to and including the time of the "Pauses"?
I don't know who you are quoting there but there can only be one add-on and (if enabled) it only occurs at the end of the rebuy period. Typically you would schedule a break period at that time and the players would have until the end of the break to purchase the add-on. Otherwise a special 1 minute break is created for that purpose. As far as rebuys go, the "Rebuy threshold" field determines what their chip stack can be. None of this requires any pauses, though, so I'm not sure what you are trying to do.