Table Advertisements

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Table Advertisements

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:Ok, my L/R banners are 161 and T/B are 90 pixels.
Please email me a screenshot of your game page showing the overflow and also one of the server gui showing the "Ad Settings" group on the System tab. It might also help if you sent me the gifs you are using as banners so I can try and replicate it my system. Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

From the screenshot you sent I can tell it's just a matter of large banners competing for space on a what appears to be 1024x768 resolution. The table windows are roughly 720x575 pixels. By default, the space allocation to the game surface is just what is left over in the middle. That can be increased if the players do a View|Full_Screen in their browser to turn off the menus and toolbars and/or you use smaller banners. The easier way is to set the "Minimum client width" and/or "Minimum client height" settings under "Ad Settings". That will force a larger game area with scrollbars if needed. Values around 1000 or more should suffice.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

We solved this via email but for the benefit of others reading this, I've posted updates to my Rotating Banner Ad samples posted at:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/HTML_Examples.htm

The original code did not take into consideration that it could be used on more than one side at once. Thus the link id's and variable names were all duplicated and it would cause one script to interfere with the other. The quick and dirty solution is to just append "Top", "Left", "Right", or "Bottom" to the id's and variable names for the applicable side as I now show in the updated examples.
CanadaWest

Post by CanadaWest »

Another solution is to create separate pages for each of the ad panels. eg topad.htm, leftad.htm etc. Then include them in the gamepage by inline frame.

This keeps the ad panels separate to avoid conflicting or duplicated code and also allows easier editing of each ad panel. And this way you can add or remove ads without editing the settings in the server module.
George
(CanadaWest)
www.playersclub.ca