Notifying that tourney will start

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
social

Notifying that tourney will start

Post by social »

what is the best way to let players know that a tournament they have signed up for has Filled
and is about to start?

What in the API can I use, and what's best way to notify them?

Can Poker Mavens send it's own email about this?

OR is there something in the API that I can hook up to an Autoresponder, like AWeber or my own SMTP on my site?

I've got something set up on my site that will send Tweets automatically when certain events happen...
Is there something in the API that I could connect to that?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Notifying that tourney will start

Post by Kent Briggs »

There's a "Tournament start event" available in the Callback Event system but it triggers on the actual start, not "about to start". For that you need to maintain your own list of times or have a script that runs periodically and uses API calls to check all the tournaments for nearing starts times, grabs the registration list, gets the emails for those players, and then sends the messages. That said, letting people sign up that far in advance for a tournament is just a recipe for having a tournament full of no-shows. It's usually better to restrict the registration window to an hour or so before the actual start.
social

Post by social »

I'm looking to notify people when their SitNGo tourneys have filled up...
obviously it can take a while sometimes before games fill...
so I want to push some sort of notification that the game has filled, and they better get to their table...

So, does Tournament Start notify when the cards have started dealing, or when everyone is expected to take their seat and click that they are ready?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

social wrote:So, does Tournament Start notify when the cards have started dealing, or when everyone is expected to take their seat and click that they are ready?
That callback is triggered as soon as it seats everyone and shows them their table. You could also use the Tournament Register callback to detect when it fills up.