Move license to new server

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
naked_eskimo

Move license to new server

Post by naked_eskimo »

Is it simple to move a license? Is it just a matter of turning off the software on one server, and turning it on on the other one? I am currently hosting out of my own dmz in my house, but I am doing a trial of a virtual machine from both Google and Amazon and I would like to see the my software running on one of those servers.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Move license to new server

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote:Is it simple to move a license? Is it just a matter of turning off the software on one server, and turning it on on the other one?
Basically, yes. See item 13 in the FAQ: http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Hmmm, I followed the instructions in the FAQ. I exported and imported and also copied my data folder from old to new. The server starts fine, but no accounts or games appear on the new one.

Any suggestions?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote:The server starts fine, but no accounts or games appear on the new one.
What is set for "Data folder" in the Server Settings group? Make sure that matches where you saved the game data and Accounts folder, etc.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

It does.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Did you restart the program? It only reads in the data at startup.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

Yes. Still the same.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

naked_eskimo wrote:Yes. Still the same.
That doesn't make any sense. Are you logged in under the user name arcadius? I assume you have rights to that folder since you can see it Windows Explorer. Are there any errors showing in the Error Log tab?

Go to the Accounts tab and manually create a player account. Close down and restart and see if that account appears. If it does, use the search feature in Windows and see where that account file is stored. It will be the name you gave it with a .dat extension.
naked_eskimo

Post by naked_eskimo »

I got it working now. I think I installed an earlier version first, then went to import my xml and it said the versions were different, so then I installed the newer one, and then copied over the data folder. So my copied xml files were overwritten.

Anyway, all working fine now. I just re-copied over my original data folder again.

Thanks