new site

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: new site

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:ok cool tnx, i still cant get in though dont know why it keeps timing out.
When inside your own network, just connect to your local 192.168.x.x:8087 address. Not all routers will allow you to connect to your Internet IP from inside your LAN.
Would i have to logo with remote desktop to my server? i have ftp programs i can upload directly to the root folders
You can use FTP to transfer files but Remote Desktop Connection (already install on all Windows PCs) gives you a window on your local PC that shows your remote PC's desktop where you can interact with it just like it was local. You can run Windows Explorer on the remote server and use it to copy and paste files, execute Poker Mavens, adjust all your settings, etc.
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

When inside your own network, just connect to your local 192.168.x.x:8087 address. Not all routers will allow you to connect to your Internet IP from inside your LAN.

Oh ya sweet haha, it works tnx, ok let me check it out! ty. Im still interested to put on my server but not liking the remote dektop thing too much, seems like you need messenger installed too for that to work properly can i just upload files manually? Or it has to run in an environment type thing
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:Im still interested to put on my server but not liking the remote dektop thing too much
It's easy, just launch RDC from Start | All Programs | Accessories, then enter your remote server's IP address and your Administrator account password.
seems like you need messenger installed too for that to work properly
No, you don't need to install anything.
can i just upload files manually?
Just uploading isn't enough, you have execute the program, adjust settings, hit the Start button, just like you did on the local PC.
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

Cool tnx, this is exciting! So for now could i put a hyperlink on my website that goes to my computer and port instead of having people go to poker maven to get to it
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

Im guessing that wont work lol looking for an easy way out for tonight, dont have much time today.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:So for now could i put a hyperlink on my website that goes to my computer and port instead of having people go to poker maven to get to it
Yes, you can put a link, popup, iframe, etc. on any web site that just points to your poker server's file port. There's an iframe example in item 3 of the FAQ:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

Oh ya? ok great, so just so im clear for this step 3 the "server port" that you mentioned, it will be my computer acting as the server and port? and not the actual server where im hosting sites at godaddy
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

electrolytik wrote:so just so im clear for this step 3 the "server port" that you mentioned, it will be my computer acting as the server and port?
The IP of the computer running PMServer.exe plus :8087 or whatever value you specified for the File Port in the Poker Mavens settings.
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

Nice ty! :D
electrolytik

Post by electrolytik »

hey nice software, i want to install it on my windows server it has plesk which i think is like remote desktop, i can logon to my server through plesk no problem but not through remote desktop, can i use either one/ I just keep getting error on remote desktop saying server is not on or not allowing