Allow New Accounts

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
rjones33

Allow New Accounts

Post by rjones33 »

Kent,

I would like to request a feature for a future release. I am only allowing poker accounts to be created through my website http://www.poker-sharkz.com. I was wondering if we have the 'Allow new Accounts' option set to 'No' on the server, can the 'Create New Account' button in the client be disabled instead of letting a user fill out the information and then displaying a message saying that the server is not accepting new players. This isn't a huge issue, but my member's accounts are tied to their website logins, forum login, etc and I want everything to flow through the site. I could swear that this functionality was present when I was testing a few releases ago, but I could be mistaken. Thanks.

-Ricky
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Allow New Accounts

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:I was wondering if we have the 'Allow new Accounts' option set to 'No' on the server, can the 'Create New Account' button in the client be disabled instead of letting a user fill out the information and then displaying a message saying that the server is not accepting new players.
I agree it shouldn't let them fill out the form in that case. Same for the "Change info" function also. At the very least, I'll change that so it checks with the server first before displaying the form.
KillerxKen

Post by KillerxKen »

If I may ask Mr.Jones, How do you get both the webpage and poker client to accept the same login info?
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

I write player info to a database on registration and use the api to log players in to the server from the website.