How to edit Audio in PM4?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
viktor

How to edit Audio in PM4?

Post by viktor »

Hi the help on the server isn't really detailed enough for me to understand, what new sounds can be edited? Log-in sound, check, bet? And how do I upload my custom sounds?

Thanks.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: How to edit Audio in PM4?

Post by Kent Briggs »

viktor wrote:Hi the help on the server isn't really detailed enough for me to understand, what new sounds can be edited? Log-in sound, check, bet? And how do I upload my custom sounds?
Thanks.
Create a folder and then specify that as your "Audio folder" in the Client Settings group. Then create both mp3 and ogg sound files (to cover all browsers) and put them in that folder. You can use an audio editor like Audacity to make both formats.

From the help file:

Audio folder - This is a local folder that holds your custom set of sound effect files. Leave blank to use the default set. Include both .mp3 and .ogg format files to support all browsers using the following file names:

Beep.mp3 / Beep.ogg (sound effect for alerting a player when it is their turn to act)
Bet.mp3 / Bet.ogg (sound effect when a player makes or calls a bet)
Card.mp3 / Card.ogg (sound effect when a card is dealt from the deck)
Check.mp3 / Check.ogg (sound effect when a player checks their option to bet)
Pot.mp3 / Pot.ogg (sound effect when chips are moved toward or away from the pot)
Login.mp3 / Login.ogg (sound effect when another player logs into the site)

The default sound will be used if any of these files are not included.