cant find avatar folder?

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
KillerxKen

cant find avatar folder?

Post by KillerxKen »

Thats just it, cant find my avatar folder, anyone know where it is?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: cant find avatar folder?

Post by Kent Briggs »

KillerxKen wrote:Thats just it, cant find my avatar folder, anyone know where it is?
If you mean where does Poker Mavens think it is, look in the Client Settings group (11th setting). Normally it's blank if you are using the built-in set.
KillerxKen

Post by KillerxKen »

No sir actually I meant where on the drive does PokerMavens install the actual folder and files? I cannot find them anywhere
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

KillerxKen wrote:No sir actually I meant where on the drive does PokerMavens install the actual folder and files? I cannot find them anywhere
The built-in set of Avatars is compiled directly into the server's executable. So there is no folder for those. The purpose of Avatar Folder setting is for you to specify the location of your own files if you want to replace the default set. If you have not done that then there is no folder.
KillerxKen

Post by KillerxKen »

I see, the problem Im having is when I try the new accountphp, the avatars arent showing on my page. Is there a path i need to set in the PHP?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

KillerxKen wrote:I see, the problem Im having is when I try the new accountphp, the avatars arent showing on my page. Is there a path i need to set in the PHP?
The first line in code from the example page shows this:

Code: Select all

$avatarurl = "http://192.168.1.100:8087/avatar";   // set your url here
That just happens to be my internal LAN IP. You need to change that your own IP and file port number but leave the "/avatar" on the end as shown. Also note that there are two examples posted, one for version 3 and different one for the upcoming version 4.