Games Freezing

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
TheMark

Games Freezing

Post by TheMark »

Has anybody had problems with individual players games freezing occasionally?

At first I thought it was our server not being able to handle the traffic but it has happened with 2 players playing heads up and they were the only people logged in.

Also there have been times when the entire server freezes and EVERYBODY gets kicked off and that is obviously our server.

After asking around to different players that always seem to have problems I think it may be caused by Flash crashing in their browsers. I have told most of them to make sure they have the newest version of Flash and to use Chrome and/or Firefox. Some people it has worked for others still freeze up occasionally.

Even though this doesn't happen to all of the players it happens to enough for it to be a huge problem!

Any tips, suggestions, pointers, advice would be much appreciated!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Games Freezing

Post by Kent Briggs »

TheMark wrote: After asking around to different players that always seem to have problems I think it may be caused by Flash crashing in their browsers. I have told most of them to make sure they have the newest version of Flash and to use Chrome and/or Firefox. Some people it has worked for others still freeze up occasionally.
I think the current version of Flash (11.5.502.135) may be the culprit because I've had it happen to me recently just testing a couple of connections on local host.