Application Programming Interface

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
lildamien09

Re: Application Programming Interface

Post by lildamien09 »

i changed some things in my php config, now at least i get an error. says call to undifined function curl_init()
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:i changed some things in my php config, now at least i get an error. says call to undifined function curl_init()
You need to install the libcurl extension for PHP.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

it is installed and also enabled. still recieves error.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

i tried to chang the value of curl_init($url) by replacing $url with the url itself and the error changes to a parse error. changed it back though and i get the continued error. im going to upgrade my php version to current and see if that makes a diff.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:it is installed and also enabled. still recieves error.
If the error is still "undefined function" then it's not installed correctly.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

okay i figured it out.. i tried 4 differnent versions of php. 5.2.6,5.2.9,5.2.10, and the new 5.3 version. the only version that it seem to work on is version 5.2.10. so a not to others if you plan on running api functions on your own personal servers and you are experiencing this problem. swith to php version 5.2.10. download the non-thread php zip and setup your php.ini. if you have any questions regarding this matter feel free to contact me.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

lildamien09 wrote:okay i figured it out.. i tried 4 differnent versions of php. 5.2.6,5.2.9,5.2.10, and the new 5.3 version. the only version that it seem to work on is version 5.2.10. so a not to others if you plan on running api functions on your own personal servers and you are experiencing this problem. swith to php version 5.2.10. download the non-thread php zip and setup your php.ini. if you have any questions regarding this matter feel free to contact me.
On my local machine I just used EasyPHP 2.0.0.0 to install it and it shows the PHP version to be 5.2.8.
lildamien09

Post by lildamien09 »

interesting.. i didnt try 5.2.8. im guessing it works there to. i setup my server using the latest apache msi, mysql msi, activeperl, and php zip.. some people may have trouble doing it this way if you dont know how to configure the apache and php config files but there are simple ways to setup a server like using wampserver or xamp. i prefer my way only because im able to customize it more. but thats my opinion i also use mail enable to run my own pop3 services if anyone is interested and doing that themselves(its free), just search google for the program.if any needs help setting up a personal server i am experienced with most of them and have the knowledge to add services manualy if you dont want a pre-configured server. just pm me or email me. i am alsi experienced in php,html,xhtml,dhtml,javascript,asp,c,c++,flash and i am also adobe photoshop illiterate and specialize in graphics,layout,etc...