Bandwidth stats

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
SnapFrozen

Bandwidth stats

Post by SnapFrozen »

Just wanted to congratulate you on what seems to be a fantastic job with this product. I have trialed the client version with much success and am seriously considering purchasing the Pro version of Poker Mavens 2.0

Would you have any bandwidth statistics for the server module available that I may investigate? I would need to evaluate my current Internet usage plan based on the stats to see if I can handle the download requirements that the Server module would require. Unfortunately here in Australia the idea of having an unlimited downloads plan does not exist, so I would not want to bog the clients down for some silly reason like my cap has been exceeded?

Again, kudos to the blood, sweat and tears that you have put into the product. I have evaluated a few programs and wish to pursue with the purchase as soon as I can get this information.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Bandwidth stats

Post by Kent Briggs »

SnapFrozen wrote:Would you have any bandwidth statistics for the server module available that I may investigate?
Unfortunately I don't. And it's a question I'd like to get the answer for myself. I've yet to hear of a site having a bandwidth lag because of too many players logged in. The busiest site using my software is "Eve Online Hold'em". They regularly hit 60 logins or more daily and I've yet to notice any lag when playing there myself. But they're on a quad core machine with a fiber optic line to the internet backbone. I suspect an ordinary residential cable/dsl connection wouldn't be able to handle that load but I don't know what that limit is. I may look at putting in some kind of internal meter to measure the I/O, now that you mention it. That could also be done with a third party packet sniffer, too.
majianlord

Post by majianlord »

If you all wana know i can start to monitor internet traffic on our serve EVE Online Hold'em and see what i get out of it. Should be very easy to do.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

majianlord wrote:If you all wana know i can start to monitor internet traffic on our serve EVE Online Hold'em and see what i get out of it. Should be very easy to do.
Yes, please. :)
rjones33

Post by rjones33 »

Any word on the bandwidth stats yet? Just curious...

-Ricky