Late Registration in Tournaments

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
EDJTPA

Late Registration in Tournaments

Post by EDJTPA »

How can i set late Registration in Tournaments? I can't seem to find the setting when I create tournaments!

EDJ
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Late Registration in Tournaments

Post by Kent Briggs »

EDJTPA wrote:How can i set late Registration in Tournaments? I can't seem to find the setting when I create tournaments!
EDJ
There is no late registration feature in Poker Mavens.
EDJTPA

Post by EDJTPA »

Is it a feature maybe going to be added in the future? For some reason this is a big issue with players being able to login and register for a tournament 15-30 minutes after the tournament starts!

Thanks...EDJ
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

EDJTPA wrote:Is it a feature maybe going to be added in the future?
Probably not any time soon. It would require a major rewrite of the tournament code just to accommodate a few people who can't be bothered to show up on time.
social

Post by social »

Kent Briggs wrote:
EDJTPA wrote:Is it a feature maybe going to be added in the future?
Probably not any time soon. It would require a major rewrite of the tournament code just to accommodate a few people who can't be bothered to show up on time.
I feel the same disdain about people who cannot be bothered to pay attention to details, or who want their egocentricity accommodated....
On the other hand, I think the idea is not just about accommodating *those* people, it is about getting as much money as possible into the Pool, and viewing these late registrants as low-hanging fruit that will be easy pickings.

I can see why it would be a very low priority, though, in terms of your coding ROI.