Programmer Needed

For discussion of the Poker Mavens server module and other administration topics
Bonza

Programmer Needed

Post by Bonza »

Need a programmer since the one that was helping me seems to of disappeared off the face of the earth :?

If you know php and think you can help me send me a forum PM and I will let you know what I need
New Team Concept poker site
http://www.huskyteampoker.co.uk
demon1031

Re: Programmer Needed

Post by demon1031 »

Check your PMs
social

Post by social »

Bonza wrote:Need a programmer since the one that was helping me seems to of disappeared off the face of the earth :?

If you know php and think you can help me send me a forum PM and I will let you know what I need
Are you saying that the Pokermavendeveloper guy has stopped working with you?
PokerMavenDeveloper

Post by PokerMavenDeveloper »

Sorry friends i had very busy in another project, please contact to me via skype, to help :)
social

Post by social »

Bonza wrote:Need a programmer since the one that was helping me seems to of disappeared off the face of the earth :?
PokerMavenDeveloper wrote:Sorry friends i had very busy in another project, please contact to me via skype, to help :)
When I pay somebody to Develop a site for me I expect the Developer to be available to answer questions or give support in the future.
I have had too many coders disappear and leave me stranded.

It is very bad business to ignore people just because you have lots of work.
I cannot afford the delays or the stress of being unable to get a reply after paying somebody money.

What is terrible about this is that Bonza gave you an Excellent Review, and recommended you.

This is the way you treat him?
Too busy to reply for almost a month?

No thank you. I have enough problems already, without hiring more.

Thank you, Bonza, for the warning.
PokerMavenDeveloper

The really problem its not a lort of work, it the some person dont want to pay the real cost of any work, they pretend the work is a gift, the time of coder it very valuable, for thats its the is not coder available, its not the case of Bonza, its a really good customer.
PokerMavenDeveloper

In the US or Europe, the typical cost of a programmer/analyst per hour would typically range between $50 to $80 per hour, depending on the industry, the skill-set required and the level of capability required. are you agree with that?
social

Post by social »

PokerMavenDeveloper wrote:In the US or Europe, the typical cost of a programmer/analyst per hour would typically range between $50 to $80 per hour, depending on the industry, the skill-set required and the level of capability required. are you agree with that?
It does not matter what your hourly rate is...if you accept money from somebody then you should have the courtesy to return their emails or PMs - and to tell them that you are too busy to take on new projects.

If Bonza was a good customer - and he gave you a good reference - then you treated him poorly, and this is very poor advertising for your skills as a Business person.

There is nothing more to discuss.
PokerMavenDeveloper

all work was done, I'm just a developer full time, I gave all the assistance Bonza ask me, what you think it's really not my problem, you should respect the work of others
social

Post by social »

PokerMavenDeveloper wrote: I'm just a developer full time... what you think it's really not my problem... you should respect the work of others
No, you are *not* "just a developer" - you are actually running your own Business, and how you treat customers really *is* part of your work.

What Customers and potential Customers think is definitely *your* problem...and *you* should respect your customers better.

As soon as you start taking money for custom jobs you have a responsibility to behave professionally.

You don't care what *I* think - but I care how *you* think - I can see the way you think in the way you handle customers and the way you respond in this thread.
Thank you for showing everybody what they can expect if they pay you money.
You will disappear and ignore them because you do not think you need to be grateful for the business...and you are not.

"Be careful how you treat people as you Rise in the World - because you will meet the same people on the way back down."