Player Poker League

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Player Poker League

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:Well, I could see this one coming a mile away...PPL was seized by the FBI.
This looks suspicious to me. Could be a head fake. If you view the HTML source, you'll see all the meta tags belonging to the original site. If the FBI seized the domain, they would have pointed it to their own server with a plain page like they did with http://www.megaupload.com.

And this wording:

"All members of site have been cleared of any wrong doing. The owners of the domain playerspokerleague.com have taken full responsibility."

does not sound like something the FBI and DoJ would say. I could be wrong.
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Your right, the FBI splash is similar to the ones on PokerStars, FullTilt, etc., but they do not contain that second paragraph. The font also looks a lot sharper, like it was a cut and paste job in Photoshop. Would the sysops be trying to scare their players, in order to dodge paying out or having them report the site? Whatever the outcome, I hope the players are taken care of and deposits returned. But on the other hand, I would think that everyone in the poker community knows about the ban of on-line gambling in the US, and any deposits would be a risky endeavor. Then again, isn't that what gambling is all about! Lol

Waterboy, keep us posted on your trials and tribulations with PPL.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Putting up a phony FBI notice is probably a crime in itself. If anyone really wanted to know, they could probably just contact the feds and ask them if they seized that domain name. Should be public knowledge if they did and they would probably be interested if someone was impersonating them.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

cuervo5150 wrote:But on the other hand, I would think that everyone in the poker community knows about the ban of on-line gambling in the US, and any deposits would be a risky endeavor.
I should note that there are legal ways to run a for-profit poker site in the U.S., like http://www.centpoker.com is doing with ad revenue and like http://www.grrrinders.com is doing with a subscription model (both running Poker Mavens software). When you have prizes, you just have to make sure you are in compliance with your state's sweepstakes laws.
waterboy

Post by waterboy »

Kent and Cuervo5150... Thanks so much for looking into this with me.. I logged on this morning and say "the sezure" notice. I immediatily thought the same things you two did. It looks photoshopped from FTP.com and he added the second paragrapgh. Fonts and color don't match... Not to mention that the F.B.I. and DOJ logos on FTP and Pokerstars were "clickable" LINKS. The one's on the PPL page are NOT!!! Kent, do you know how I can get ahold of the government? I would love to see this scum bag get what's coming to them. The WHOLE THING just screams FOUL PLAY! Thanks agian for helping me get to the bottom of this..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

waterboy wrote:Kent, do you know how I can get ahold of the government?
http://www.fbi.gov/contact-us
http://www.justice.gov/contact-us.html
satxmarkz

Post by satxmarkz »

Wow,

Well this is the owner of Players Poker League,

First off our site was doing just fine. About 50 Regular members playing poker for very lo stakes and enjoying Freerolls. The you had a few playes come in and make some deposits lose their funds and chargeback the system. For the most part we were bringing in a bout 50 to a hundred dollars a week. Like i said small stakes and people just having a fun good time. Only 2 people have ever been denied a cash out ever on our site. 7 have been paid out during our 3 month run.

These 2 players deposited $650 dollars at Players poker league. The charged back saying they did not know we were a poker site. After they had played and lost of course! This is why we suspended cash outs for about a month! We had our merchant accounts shut down.

The thing is we never had a policy set. We were just poker players having fun! The our game was robbed by these cowards. If anyone wants to point fingers then thank these two for abusing the fun we were all having.

This is the poker software company's forum not the owners of players poker league. I am sorry that the game we loved playing was abused the way it was. However, we will get back online with a new model. A free based system that requires no deposits and is sponsored.

We at Players Poker League have never cheated any players ever. Our system was abused by same players that have started all the nasty rumors.

When we get things in order we will be online and those of you who have funds i your account will have options that are fair to you!

Thank you
Mychips
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

satxmarkz wrote: When we get things in order we will be online
Is that a real or fake domain name seizure notice on your web site?
unlucky1

Post by unlucky1 »

Its funny that the owner blames players for cheating the system, when the owner himself broke the law excepting credit card payments. Then puts up a fake FBI notice up. Then will change site to a new model with cheating all the players that have earned money, maybe those players did not earn the required $150 to cash out, but they wont get a cent. This guy is a crook
cuervo5150

Post by cuervo5150 »

Just out of curiosity I checked the PPL site today, and could not believe my eyes. It appears as if the FBI has released it's seizure stranglehold on the domain! Seriously, sysops of PPL, no matter what your issues were and how you felt about your players in question. You have went against your site slogan (Honest & Friendly) by pulling off a stunt like that, and have now violated the trust of all your dedicated players. Can you imagine the shock, guilt and stress that some of those players must have had after reading the FBI was involved with their gambling. Even if you did try to smooth things over with injecting your "All members of site have been cleared of any wrong doing", paragraph, it still had some emotional impact on their life.

We are all free do run our PM software anyway we choose, but when backlash spills out into this community, it makes us all look bad. You guys have done a fantastic job of designing your site to make it look professional, and it is quite obvious you take great pride in your work. Now you should extend that professionalism to your players and tell them the truth so that they are not worried or expecting a visit from an agent.

This of course is just my humble opinion to a public topic. It is not my intention to disrespect you or your site, but rather give you some enlightenment on your situation. Remember, your the one who could be in hot water if it goes further than this, because you facilitated real money online gaming and used the FBI splash screen.

Good luck and please, do the right thing for your players.