Question about the flash client

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
rjones33

Question about the flash client

Post by rjones33 »

Kent,

Just wondering....can the client be run by itself and still connect to a server? I was just experimenting an I tried running the client by itself. It came up, but said it was trying to connect to 'port undefined'. Can it be started from a command line with parameters to tell it what server to connect to? Not a big deal, just interested to know...thanks. :geek:

-Ricky
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Question about the flash client

Post by Kent Briggs »

rjones33 wrote:Kent,
Just wondering....can the client be run by itself and still connect to a server? I was just experimenting an I tried running the client by itself. It came up, but said it was trying to connect to 'port undefined'. Can it be started from a command line with parameters to tell it what server to connect to?
The client will only connect back to the server it was loaded from so it's not portable that way. If you do a View|Source in your browser you will see the HTML wrapper that your server sends when someone connects to you. Inside it is a call to a javascript object called SWFObject that actually retrieves the SWF file. And you can see in there how the PacketPort is passed in as a parameter.
selene

Re: Question about the flash client

Post by selene »

Is this looking for a way to run the client in a stand-alone Flash browser? I know we have had a few players request if this was possible as they would prefer to not play in their web browser. Not too many people ask anymore, I assumed it was just players not wanting to let go of the old feel of an installed client.