No more Flash for browsers on mobile?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
dcx135

No more Flash for browsers on mobile?

Post by dcx135 »

Hi Kent,

I've been using my BB Playbook and Android Tabs to access Poker Mavens with no trouble. However, given Adobe's recent announcement, are you going to stick with using Flash for the poker client or do something different?

I think one of the great features about Poker Mavens is that players don't need to download/install any software. It works as long as they have a compatible browser.

Dan
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: No more Flash for browsers on mobile?

Post by Kent Briggs »

dcx135 wrote:However, given Adobe's recent announcement, are you going to stick with using Flash for the poker client or do something different?
My goal is to migrate to HTML5. The main issue is that the HTML5 spec isn't finished yet and browser support is spotty. The main benefit of Flash is that it has socket support which allows for instant two-way communication between client and server. The HTML5 equivalent of that is called WebSockets and support for that so far is very weak. Your Flash support on existing mobile devices should continue to work as they do now even if there are no more updates from Adobe.