Hiring an installer for PM

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
ethankailey

Hiring an installer for PM

Post by ethankailey »

Well, I need to hire an installer for PM to our server with some modifications. Need to have multiple server set up with multiple copies of the PM (will purchase) with a central log in and creating a system where it points players to the right server so it doens't load up too much on one server.

Had made few inquires via PM but looking for better alternatives. Contacted and paid half up front to Daniel (a poster here) and now he's gone AWOL. Paid through Paypal so I have to open a dispute now. Stupid me for trusting people....

As an employer of freelancers, I expect a fast and prompt reply. Anthing within 24 hours is accepted (should be faster) but having no response for 3-4 days are not accepted at all, no matter the circumstances. Its show lack of professionalism and the the commitment that are involved.

Hope to find a good coder/installer/designer to work with and have reasonable price.
Erkan

Re: Hiring an installer for PM

Post by Erkan »

I get really angry when I read this.
Its getting outrages now.

Explain to us what you want exactly.
If I understand it good you want multiple PM on seperated servers, I suppose load balanced.
How many PM servers?
What kind of environment do you have or you want to have?
How many connections would there be simultaneously?

Regards,

Erkan
ethankailey

Post by ethankailey »

Hey there Erkan,

Thanks for the reply. Well, it's my stupidity for trusting people too much... I was brought up where I didn't have to lock up doors at night, helped elderlies cross the road, and kissed our kids without getting charged for sexual abuse... (Yes that really happened to one of our friends in L.A. One of my good friend was playing with his 5 year old daughter and and started to "play nibble" around her face and neck and ended up leaving a mark on her neck. Next day police came threatned to take his daughter away since the teacher filed for possible sexual assult when she saw the mark. He was literally arrested and the child service made him take his daughter to a center where she had to be probed naked to see if she had been "violated".... Imagine a 5 year old girl being probed by few technicians naked. I think sometimes I live in a different world.)

Anyways, I do need an installer and someone to create a system where I can have a site that can handle more than 200 players that seems to be the max for single PM license. Due to the limited number of players playing and logged in at the same time (Kent states that the max is about 200 players per server), I would probably need to have someone develop a central login page on my site and direct the player to room of their choice. "Programmer/Installer would also have to create a local database of player info and use the API and Callback system to keep the chip balance as they go back and forth between rooms." as stated by Kent.

I just rented a dedicated server that is i3 Dual Core, 3.06Ghz H/T, 4GB Ram, 500 GB SATA2, 10Mbps Unmetered, 6 I.P. Windows 2008 R2 Web Edition. I figure if I get two licenses, and use 2 ip, I can get upto 1,000 players online???
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

Hmmm, i dont know you by name so can you post the paypal transaction id please ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

ethankailey wrote: Anyways, I do need an installer and someone to create a system where I can have a site that can handle more than 200 players that seems to be the max for single PM license.
It's not a license issue, it's a resource issue. Running multiple copies on the same hardware is not going to help you much, if at all. You would need to spread those across multiple servers to expand the number of connections that could be handled.
ethankailey

Post by ethankailey »

Thank you Kent.

I might have explained it wrong and appreciate that you made this correction. I'm definitely prepared to get addtional server to handle the massive players that I'm hoping to have. It's like the the movie Field of Dreams.. LOL Build it and they will come!!!
ddominguez

Post by ddominguez »

The initial contract was for the integration and the creation of a central user management, but then you wanted to install it vbulletin, vbulletin to customize that install Apache on windows server you purchased, I said that this work take a week, not including weekends, the transaction is done by the day 29-09, paypal and will return your money, but I think the Kent forum is no place for these claims, and Danielle has nothing do with this q you doing robbing people with their script, one hour of counseling costs $ 80, you claim that $ 100 I will build an entire site, I will wait for paypal decicion, I was clear with you, my experience is with joomla, if you want me to build a full joomla site, the requirements you need, but can not say I did not answer.

Como dicen en mi pais zapatero a su zapato, no se meta a santero sin conocer la hierba.
Erkan

Post by Erkan »

Hi ethankailey,

I am not a programmer but there are some programmers here that can help you make the site.
You want to have 1000 players online, so I suppose you need 5 of those servers online.
But you will have a capacity problem with your 10mbps connection, I think you need at least a 100mbps connection.
Anyway a 10mbps connection with 200 players seems also too less, I think its better to have over capacity something like a 100mbps.

Oke, there is a possibility to loadbalance your systems.
You need all the same configurations and you have to have Windows Sever Datacentre 2003/2008 on them.
This is one of the easy ways to connect your servers.
I have no experrience loadbalacing the PM software, maybe someone here have it, can tell us that its possible and work without any problems.
And if you do this you dont need anything to divide the connections because windows will do that.
By the way 1 IP adres is enough.
The configuration you have with only one sata 500 harddisk will work but at least two harddisks per server I recommend.
Because dividing your sytem software (windows) on one disk and the programs and other stuff like your virtual memory on the second one.
And if its possible try to install a 64bit system that can work better with a 4gb ram.

I hope you understand it if not and you have questions reply.

Regards,

Erkan.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Erkan wrote: I have no experrience loadbalacing the PM software, maybe someone here have it, can tell us that its possible and work without any problems.
And if you do this you dont need anything to divide the connections because windows will do that.
Windows isn't going help with anything in regards to load balancing. Neither will running multiple copies of the software on the same physical server. You would need to build a central web interface for the logins and then redirect players to the appropriate copy, each one running on a different physical server. You would have to maintain a central database of player accounts so that you could set their balance via the API on login/logout.
ethankailey

Post by ethankailey »

Erkan or Kent,

I'm bit confused. 100mbps unmetered cost over $1,000. Thats bit out of my league.