unable to access through ip:port

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
PokerFreak

unable to access through ip:port

Post by PokerFreak »

hello,
i want to give remote administration access to someone but i want him only to be able to edit and add new accounts. is there a way to modify the admin page? and where is it located?

Any help would be appreciated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: unable to access through ip:port

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:hello,
i want to give remote administration access to someone but i want him only to be able to edit and add new accounts. is there a way to modify the admin page? and where is it located?

The Remote Admin interface is accessed in a web browser by appending "/admin" to your ip:fileport and then entering the Remote Admin password when prompted. That person has full access to your system. The only way to give partial access is to write your own web interface and use the API include specific functions that you want to make available. There is a "Create New Account" sample code posted at http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/API_Examples.htm.
PokerFreak

Post by PokerFreak »

No, what I meant is that where the webpage is located in the Poker Mavens directory so i can delete some settings that should be hidden from the user accessing it.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:No, what I meant is that where the webpage is located in the Poker Mavens directory so i can delete some settings that should be hidden from the user accessing it.
The Remote Admin interface is not a standalone "web page". It's interactive Delphi code compiled in the server executable.
PokerFreak

Post by PokerFreak »

Is there a way to hide system and ring settings from the users accessing the Remote Admin Interface without making my own API. IE: Deleting some HTML forms so they no longer appear on the screen.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:Is there a way to hide system and ring settings from the users accessing the Remote Admin Interface without making my own API. IE: Deleting some HTML forms so they no longer appear on the screen.
No, it's all one integrated system designed to duplicate the Windows console from a remote location for the site administrator. The API was invented for the type of specific functionality that you are looking for.
PokerFreak

Post by PokerFreak »

Oh I see. So is there a way using the API to add balance to other players, cash-out or reset some accounts? Other than creating accounts and listing the 10 chip leaders and so on.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:Oh I see. So is there a way using the API to add balance to other players, cash-out or reset some accounts? Other than creating accounts and listing the 10 chip leaders and so on.
Yes, virtually anything you can do manually as an administrator can be performed via an API call. You can see the full list of functions in the API docs:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/T ... erface.htm