Tracking Chips?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Zabulus

Tracking Chips?

Post by Zabulus »

Anyway to track a users chips?

I have a few users who got an ENORMOUS balance in a short period of time. Want to make sure they aren't working over the system somehow

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tracking Chips?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Zabulus wrote:Anyway to track a users chips?
I have a few users who got an ENORMOUS balance in a short period of time. Want to make sure they aren't working over the system somehow
Thanks
All chip transactions are recorded in the Event Log files, assuming you haven't turned that feature off. Chips gained in specific hands are recorded in the Hand History files. These are just plain text files that you can examine in any text editor.
Zabulus

Post by Zabulus »

Sorry for all the newbie question.

If the server is restarted, the event log is cleared right?

Is it also stored someplace else? A hard file .txt etc?

And where are the hand history files located?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Zabulus wrote: If the server is restarted, the event log is cleared right?
Is it also stored someplace else? A hard file .txt etc?
And where are the hand history files located?
The list in the Windows console is cleared but the file itself remains in the data folder. A new file is created each day. Older files are deleted after 30 days by default but that number can be changed in your Log Settings. The same is true for the hand history files. See item #13 in the FAQ for details on the data folder:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm
Zabulus

Post by Zabulus »

The hand history is good, but I need to be able to see hole cards.

I believe someone has hacked the software.

MOST of my good players are losing to one person, over and over and over.

He folds when someone has a High PP preflop (No matter what they do) and he always has the better hand when he has his money in
The donk guy will raise everytime until i get a good PP ... and ive lose over 1k to him usually with the best starting hand but he will suck out ... maybe its a collective of bad luck but usually when everybody experiences it - its not just random bad luck. just a thought.

I am getting a TON of complaints about 1 guy

Anyway to see the hole cards? (After play of course)
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Zabulus wrote:The hand history is good, but I need to be able to see hole cards.
There's a deck line posted at the end of each hand showing all of the cards that were dealt. You can manually reconstruct hole cards after the fact. The first card goes to the first player left of the button position.
I believe someone has hacked the software.
They would have to have hacked into your server and installed a trojan there that either scanned memory or sniffed and decrypted outgoing packets, and then sent that info to themselves in a back channel. The more likely explanation is that the person is just a highly aggressive player.
Zabulus

Post by Zabulus »

OK i might need your help after I analyze the hand history, you tell me after i take a look.

Most users have between 200-500 points on my server

he WON 10,000 points today (Next highest is like 1000)
lucas

Post by lucas »

There is a person who sells software that lets you see the cards of players in real time. Poker is made ​​only for mavens. It is a very expensive software, but certainly exists.
JAZ

Post by JAZ »

Yes kent is correct, they can only do that if they have access to your server.
If no access is granted to the server itself, then there's no way for any player to win or hack the software.