Install Poker Mavens on Local PC

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
PokerFreak

Install Poker Mavens on Local PC

Post by PokerFreak »

Hello, I just installed the trial version of Poker Mavens and i want to test it on my local win7 machine before purchasing the gold version.

I just want to establish my PC as a poker server so others can connect and play too.

Any input is appreciated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Install Poker Mavens on Local PC

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:Hello, I just installed the trial version of Poker Mavens and i want to test it on my local win7 machine before purchasing the gold version.
I just want to establish my PC as a poker server so others can connect and play too.
Any input is appreciated.
That will work just fine. If you have a router you just need to make a couple of port forwarding settings so that the outside world can get it. Start by reading the "Getting Started" section of the help file.
PokerFreak

Post by PokerFreak »

I don't have a router, my firewall is turned off and i configured the "site info" and "server settings" properly. But when someone tries to connect he gets:

"Unable to connect

Can't establish a connection to the server at xx.xx.xx.xx:8087"

I'm using the IP provided by the Internet IP Lookup and server is online.

What's wrong ?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:I don't have a router, my firewall is turned off and i configured the "site info" and "server settings" properly. But when someone tries to connect he gets:
"Unable to connect
Can't establish a connection to the server at xx.xx.xx.xx:8087"
Download the free PFPortCheck program and see if it shows your ports 8087 and 8088 to be open:

http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

If not, you'll need to figure out what is blocking. Who is your ISP? If you have DSL, you likely do have a router that is built into your modem. Is your Local IP showing up as the same value as your Internet IP in the Poker Mavens settings? Can you connect locally at 127.0.0.1:8087 ? If you set "Directory listing" to Yes, does your site show up at www.pokermavens.net/trial ?
PokerFreak

Post by PokerFreak »

Downloaded and installed PFPortCheck and none of the two ports are open.

I'm using a local broadband connection.

Yes, my IP is the same that is showing in the Poker Mavens settings.

I Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:8087 because I'm given the same error.

I enabled directory listing and yes I can see my site showing up .. it's "TestPoker" but right after i'm give the same error.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PokerFreak wrote:Downloaded and installed PFPortCheck and none of the two ports are open.
I'm using a local broadband connection.
Who is your ISP? They could be blocking those ports.
I Can't connect to 127.0.0.1:8087 because I'm given the same error.
That should always work from the same PC. Is 127.0.0.1 showing up as one of your Local IPs? If not, double click that setting in Poker Mavens and check the box for it.
milkos911

Post by milkos911 »

i have the same qustion and problem im willing to purshase the prog but im trying the trial version now i can connect to my ip adress 192.168.1.100:8087 and i can see m server in the trial server page ,,, but no one cann open the site wen they are on different connection and i did all the port forwd neeeded ?
any help plz
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

milkos911 wrote:i have the same qustion and problem im willing to purshase the prog but im trying the trial version now i can connect to my ip adress 192.168.1.100:8087 and i can see m server in the trial server page ,,, but no one cann open the site wen they are on different connection and i did all the port forwd neeeded ?
any help plz

If yours is the one titled "Ca$hM0Ney W33d" then I cannot connect either. Which means your port forwarding settings are incorrect or else you have a firewall issue blocking incoming connections. Download the free PFPortCheck program here:

http://www.portforward.com/store/PFPortChecker.exe

Run it after stopping your poker server and see if it shows ports 8087 and 8088 to be open.