Programming help in Tournament Displays

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
drw111

Programming help in Tournament Displays

Post by drw111 »

I'm in the process of running 70+ Tournaments per day and am having an issue with my coder on implementing/understanding how to display the upcoming events in order that they are scheduled to start. For example, if a person logs in now, they should see in chronological order the next tournaments that are starting. (1 pm NLHE, 2 pm Pot Limit, 3 pm Deepstacks) etc.
All my tournaments show up jumbled, in no order.

Also, is there a way to manipulate or program the system so that when a tournament is created, it shows as completed and lists the final results?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Programming help in Tournament Displays

Post by Kent Briggs »

drw111 wrote:All my tournaments show up jumbled, in no order.
They aren't jumbled, they are in alphabetical order by name. Hence the little black triangle in the ID column indicating the current sort order in the client. Tournaments can be started by several different methods that aren't fixed to a specific time so there is no column for that, and thus no ability to sort that way. However, you could name your tournaments in a manner that would reflect their starting order when sorted by name.
Also, is there a way to manipulate or program the system so that when a tournament is created, it shows as completed and lists the final results?
Tournaments are recycled after 30 seconds so that the next group can play, unless they are taken offline with the Recur minutes = -1 setting. I would suggest making a separate web page that displayed tournament results. There is an API command (TournamentsResults) for fetching tournament results and a Callback Event to let you know when a tournament completed.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

drw111 wrote:1 pm NLHE, 2 pm Pot Limit, 3 pm Deepstacks
By the way, I just created tournaments with these names on my test system and they show up in the expected order:

1 pm NLHE
2 pm Pot Limit
3 pm Deepstacks
drw111

Post by drw111 »

This worked thanks. If others have this issue, you need to use military time if you run a full days schedule though.