cant find my site

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
showeb_nub

cant find my site

Post by showeb_nub »

Hi, i am new in this pokermaven. I want to buy pokermavens and thats why i downloaded ur trial version and install it successfully. I read help document and configure all setting as instruction, no error in settings . I can start my server and also can see my site, but when i select load site, it say page not found. I tried it from other ip but same problem. i am using dial-up connection, OS is win 7, firefox browser. I attached my settings pic. Please help me............
Attachments
Settings pic
Settings pic
Untitled.jpg (235.54 KiB) Viewed 8915 times
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: cant find my site

Post by Kent Briggs »

showeb_nub wrote:Hi, i am new in this pokermaven. I want to buy pokermavens and thats why i downloaded ur trial version and install it successfully. I read help document and configure all setting as instruction, no error in settings . I can start my server and also can see my site, but when i select load site, it say page not found. I tried it from other ip but same problem. i am using dial-up connection, OS is win 7, firefox browser. I attached my settings pic. Please help me............
Likely a firewall issue with your dial-up connection, which will be painfully slow even if it worked. Check with your ISP and see if it's even possible to run a server on their connection. You must have ports 8087 and 8088 open. There's a free utility called PFPortCheck that you can download to see if those ports are blocked:

http://portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm
showeb_nub

Post by showeb_nub »

Yes i checked 8088 and 8087 ports on my ISP server , it says not open or unreachable. Now what should i do, Is there any way to play this game on my connection and make my pc as a server. I cant buy any port forward software, show me any other way, i know you are the best. Please i need this game desperately......
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

showeb_nub wrote:Yes i checked 8088 and 8087 ports on my ISP server , it says not open or unreachable. Now what should i do, Is there any way to play this game on my connection and make my pc as a server. I cant buy any port forward software, show me any other way, i know you are the best. Please i need this game desperately......
You'll either need to get an ISP service that allows you to run a home server with at least 2 open ports, preferably a broadband connection with a static IP. Or just get a remote VPS that is hosted by someone else and use Remote Desktop Connection to maintain it from your local PC. I pay $29/month for the VPS that runs my demo site (http://www.pmserver.net).
showeb_nub

Post by showeb_nub »

I need two opened port on my isp from range (1000-9000), am i right? So is there any way to check my isp's port, that is which ports are opened.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

showeb_nub wrote:I need two opened port on my isp from range (1000-9000), am i right? So is there any way to check my isp's port, that is which ports are opened.
Poker Mavens uses 8087 and 8088 by default but those can be changed to any ports in the full 1 to 65535 range. I don't know of any easy way to check if any are open without testing them individually, other than just asking your ISP.
showeb_nub

Post by showeb_nub »

thanks Kent.
showeb_nub

About VPS hosting

Post by showeb_nub »

hi kent

I bought pokermavens pro v2.87. Then i ordered 1and1 vps . They mailed me for verification, verification was ok but i told them i will run pokermavens software on ur vps. then they canceled my order and told me they wont allow any gambling site. Now suggest me some low cost vps provider suitable for this software. Looking forward..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: About VPS hosting

Post by Kent Briggs »

showeb_nub wrote: I bought pokermavens pro v2.87. Then i ordered 1and1 vps . They mailed me for verification, verification was ok but i told them i will run pokermavens software on ur vps. then they canceled my order and told me they wont allow any gambling site. Now suggest me some low cost vps provider suitable for this software. Looking forward..
It's only gambling if you are using the software as a real-money site (which the software was not designed for). Internet gambling is not legal anywhere in the USA so there are no hosts here that will allow you to use their servers for that purpose.
showeb_nub

Post by showeb_nub »

but this is only for our versity friends and family. U already know that there is no money transaction system in ur software. How could be its gambling. And i live in Bangladesh and here also online gambling is a crime. So what u suggest me now....