Tournament issue

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
mihu332

Tournament issue

Post by mihu332 »

Hi

I am currently testing the trial edition of this poker platform.
I have encountered a strange problem in tournament mode, I don't know if this is a bug or am I doing something wrong.
I created a tournament with 1 table and 3 seats.
All seats are full tournament started.
After 5 minutes I decide to stop playing, and I left the table, from all 3 accounts.
The problem is the tournament table is still up and running, the player avatars are still there ( with sitting out written in the info box ).
It seems that they are playing because hands are served very fast, and chips appear on the table.
The lobby states the tournament is in progress, and all 3 players are accounted for.
This seems very strange for me....
Maybe it's because of the trial version, I don't know....

Also, is there any anti-collusion system in place ? To avoid chips transfer over the table ?

Please clarify these things for me.

Thank you
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tournament issue

Post by Kent Briggs »

mihu332 wrote: After 5 minutes I decide to stop playing, and I left the table, from all 3 accounts.
The problem is the tournament table is still up and running, the player avatars are still there ( with sitting out written in the info box ).
It seems that they are playing because hands are served very fast, and chips appear on the table.
The lobby states the tournament is in progress, and all 3 players are accounted for.
This seems very strange for me....
Perfectly normal. All three players are sitting out thus they all fold to the big blind and are just trading chips with each other. Eventually the blinds will become so large (assuming you kept the default blind schedule) that they exceed the chip stacks. That could take a few hours. Tournaments don't end until one player is left with all the chips, unless the admin manually aborts. Shutting down the client does not remove the player from the table (except in ring games). He just goes in sitout mode and auto folds every hand.
Also, is there any anti-collusion system in place ? To avoid chips transfer over the table ?
Impossible in online play. Players can only perform functions that are programmed into the software.
mihu332

Post by mihu332 »

This tournament thing gives me second thoughts.....
I never seen this method before....
Once a player has left the table, just throw the chips and kick him.
There is no need to keep him in the table.
It is my humble opinion that you are confusing SIT OUT with LEAVE TABLE in this case.
If the user wants to be able to come back to the table, he should sit out; But if he wants to leave the table, there must be no going back....
This method only complicates things....
If you are not willing to fix this for the general public, ar you willing to do a custom version for those who want ?
If so, how much do you charge for it ?
I don't think the mod will be very complex.

Regarding anti-collusion : You can simply make a separate log, with suspicious folds ( e.g : when someone who has minimum 2 pairs, folds to someone who has nothing )
This is just an example, you understand what I mean.

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mihu332 wrote: Once a player has left the table, just throw the chips and kick him.
There is no need to keep him in the table.
The player paid the entry fee and has the right to fold every hand. Sitting out is folding every hand. Besides, people take bathroom breaks. Or just lose their internet connections temporarily.
If the user wants to be able to come back to the table, he should sit out; But if he wants to leave the table, there must be no going back....
That's not how it works in a live poker tournament. If you leave the table, you are simply blinded out if you don't return.
If you are not willing to fix this for the general public, ar you willing to do a custom version for those who want ?
There's nothing to fix because nothing is broken. However there is a "remove no-shows" options for people who registered but never showed up at all. I personally hate that feature but added it by popular request.
Regarding anti-collusion : You can simply make a separate log, with suspicious folds ( e.g : when someone who has minimum 2 pairs, folds to someone who has nothing )
People bluff with worse hands and make better hands fold. It's nearly impossible to detect collusion with any certainty with just software. The server-side hand history files record all cards dealt so you are free to develop you own utility to examine those.
mihu332

Post by mihu332 »

I guess the other poker sites just hide the avatars that exit the tournament, because i never seen a table of 3-4 people playing by itself.

Another thing I want to ask :

Is it possible to change the color of the white background behind the lobby ? ( the area that contains your website logo )
I'm talking about the gold version.
Sorry if this has already been posted somewhere but I didn't have the time to read trough all the forum.

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mihu332 wrote:I guess the other poker sites just hide the avatars that exit the tournament, because i never seen a table of 3-4 people playing by itself.
You've probably never seen that before because the last 3 or 4 players don't all just quit playing when they are that close to the end. PokerStars, Full Tilt, Party Poker, etc. don't remove tournament players until they are out of chips. Neither do live tournaments like the World Series of Poker.
Is it possible to change the color of the white background behind the lobby ? ( the area that contains your website logo )
I'm talking about the gold version.
Yes, you can change the entire color scheme in the Pro and Gold versions. See here for examples:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmavens_colors.htm

Here's a utility for selecting a custom color scheme:

http://www.briggsoft.com/docs/pmavens/PMColors.htm
mihu332

Post by mihu332 »

Thank you for clarifying this information.
I will acquire a licence as soon as my website is finished.

About the version updates :
Do I have to pay when a newer version comes up ? ( I will be purchasing the Gold edition probably )
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mihu332 wrote: About the version updates :
Do I have to pay when a newer version comes up ? ( I will be purchasing the Gold edition probably )
Minor version updates are free via the patch page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Major version updates (e.g., 2.xx to 3.xx) are usually offered at a discount.
mihu332

Post by mihu332 »

Please PM me your western union info. ( name, last name, city, country )

Thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

mihu332 wrote:Please PM me your western union info. ( name, last name, city, country )
Please send me an email with your full name and mailing address and I'll reply there. There's a limit on the private messages per account in these forums and my box is currently full.