Couple Questions

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Benji1298

Couple Questions

Post by Benji1298 »

Ok, if I put the swf in a wrapper, will that break it? For example, if I wanted to use mochiads before it, would that work? Or no?

Can certain fields be turned off? For example, I do not need the real name, gender, location, or email of the user.

Last question. In the "Create New Account" API example, if I want to set all of the user's avatars to one specific image, can I just do this?
$Avatar = "Avatar_Url";

Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Couple Questions

Post by Kent Briggs »

Benji1298 wrote:Ok, if I put the swf in a wrapper, will that break it? For example, if I wanted to use mochiads before it, would that work? Or no?
The SWF Flash file is compiled into the server's exe and thus cannot be changed.
Can certain fields be turned off? For example, I do not need the real name, gender, location, or email of the user.
You can't turn them off but you can use the Language feature and change their description.
Last question. In the "Create New Account" API example, if I want to set all of the user's avatars to one specific image, can I just do this?
$Avatar = "Avatar_Url";
Set Avatar to 0 and then AvatarFile to a file accessible locally on the poker server for each account. They can all point to the same file. Or create your own communal set to replace the existing set and just put one file in there and set Avatar to 1 for everyone. See the "Avatar folder" setting in the Client Settings group on the System page.
Benji1298

Post by Benji1298 »

What happens if I call a "AccountsGet" command and the account does not exist? What will this return? Is there an easier way to determine whether there is already an account with a certain username?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Benji1298 wrote:What happens if I call a "AccountsGet" command and the account does not exist? What will this return? Is there an easier way to determine whether there is already an account with a certain username?
Remember that you can test API commands directly in your browser without writing any code:

http://127.0.0.1:8087/api?command=accou ... yer=nobody

Result=Error
Error=Unknown account

So using AccountsGet is a good way to test if a specific account exists. Otherwise you can get the entire list using AccountsList.
Benji1298

Post by Benji1298 »

When you look at cent poker, they have 2 "servers". Does this actually mean that they are running the software on 2 separate servers?
Yes, they purchased multiple licenses and I believe each one is on a different physical server. The only way to run multiple copies on the same hardware is to install them into separate Windows accounts so that they aren't sharing the same settings. They would also have to use different ports. Each running instance requires its own separate license.