Tournament Seats ?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Danielle

Tournament Seats ?

Post by Danielle »

Is the max of seats in tournament only 10 ? so only 10 people cant play in 1 tournament not like 50 players in 1 tournament ?

gr
Danielle
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tournament Seats ?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Danielle wrote:Is the max of seats in tournament only 10 ? so only 10 people cant play in 1 tournament not like 50 players in 1 tournament ?
No, you can have up to 10 seats per table and up to a 100 tables per tournament. So theoretically you could have up to 1000 players in a tournament.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

okeej but when i set it to this :

10 tables
5 seats a table

makes 50 people right ?

Start min : 10 (i can only choose 10 ?)

can i not set it so i say start on 35 people min :S

thnx
Danielle
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Danielle wrote:okeej but when i set it to this :
10 tables
5 seats a table
makes 50 people right ?
Correct.
Start min : 10 (i can only choose 10 ?)
can i not set it so i say start on 35 people min :S
The Start Min feature is a player voting system designed mainly for single table tournaments. It specifies the number of registered players that must click the "Start Now" box that will appear in the Lobby window when that feature is enabled. It will not work well with large tournaments where you typically start those by one of the other methods.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

and maybe a wishlist topic so the tournament will start when 40 people register ? or in one kind of way ?
maybe 40 people needs to click start before start ? etc etc :D

gr
Danielle
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Danielle wrote:and maybe a wishlist topic so the tournament will start when 40 people register ? or in one kind of way ?
maybe 40 people needs to click start before start ? etc etc :D
Just create a 40 seat tournament and set "Start Full" to Yes. Otherwise it makes no sense to create a 50 seat tournament and make it start automatically when 40 people register, right?
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

Maybe, but if you setup a tournament for 100 players and you think that if it up to 50 you find it okay to start but not a tournament with 100 and start with 10 that make no sens right ?

its mutch more realistic if you can handle the input more, 60 seats min start 30 or 40 80 seats start al 60 etc
its great if whe have more control in that option, i think that the max 10 players limit is to low.

gr
Danielle
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Danielle wrote:Maybe, but if you setup a tournament for 100 players and you think that if it up to 50 you find it okay to start but not a tournament with 100 and start with 10 that make no sens right ?
But that's not how the Start Min feature works. You would have to get all 50 of those players to check their Start Now box. If only 49 did then it wouldn't start. You'll never get that many people to do it on their own. The Start Min value doesn't mean that is the number of registered players needed to start, it means that many people have to vote to start it. You could have 50 people already registered and it would take 10 of them (or whatever the setting is) to start it. It's not a good method for large tourneys. Instead use one or any combination of: Manual start by the Administrator, Manual start with a Start Code, Auto start at a fixed time, Auto start when full.
Danielle

Post by Danielle »

thanks for your reply.