For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 2.80 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade patches:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Added an optional "Player profile URL" property to the Client Settings group. This is called from the client when a player name (in the lobby) or avatar (at the table) is double clicked in the client so that site admins can create a custom web page profile for their players.

Added "Tournament start" to callback event list. Also the tournament number is now included as one of the parameters sent in this event and the "Tournament finish" event.

Added "Save lobby chat" and "Max lobby chat days" option to Log Settings so that lobby chat now now be recorded on the server side. A corresponding LogsLobbyChat command was added to the API.

Time remaining in a tournament level is now displayed in the player's Stats tab so the players will know when the next one will hit.

Added two items to Language tab: "Rebuy minimum message" in Add Chips Dialog group and "Next level" in Statistics group.

Fixed memory corruption bug caused by disconnected players. This was a very nasty bug that could cause a site freeze-up. Everyone should upgrade just for this fix alone. Special thanks to the folks at Eve Online Hold'em and CentPoker for enduring numerous beta versions to help me track this down.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Mavens 2.80 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Kent Briggs wrote:Added two items to Language tab: "Rebuy minimum message" in Add Chips Dialog group
By the way, the reason for this new message is that a bug was fixed regarding rebuys at ring tables. If a player's stack drops below the minimum buy-in range and they attempt to add more chips, they must bring their stack up to at least that minimum value. Previously, a player could go broke and then just keep adding enough chips to post a big blind.
PsYcHo

Post by PsYcHo »

Hi Kent,

Since I updated the poker server to 2.80 there is something strange going on. We get a lot of 3 of a kinds and Full Houses. It is about every 3rd to 5th hand. I have shutdown the server completley and still it happens. I know how the shuffling engine works so i'm not sure what the problem is.

Thanks

GG
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

PsYcHo wrote: Since I updated the poker server to 2.80 there is something strange going on. We get a lot of 3 of a kinds and Full Houses. It is about every 3rd to 5th hand. I have shutdown the server completley and still it happens. I know how the shuffling engine works so i'm not sure what the problem is.
There have been no changes to the shuffling algorithm or game routines. What really causes "big hands" in poker are low stakes tables full of loose players, limping in and calling all the way to the river. With five community cards and numerous pairs of hole cards in play to a showdown, there will be wild hands. Once you start looking for patterns, you start seeing them. It's just human psychology and the nature of Texas Hold'em.
PsYcHo

Post by PsYcHo »

Kent Briggs wrote:
PsYcHo wrote: Since I updated the poker server to 2.80 there is something strange going on. We get a lot of 3 of a kinds and Full Houses. It is about every 3rd to 5th hand. I have shutdown the server completley and still it happens. I know how the shuffling engine works so i'm not sure what the problem is.
There have been no changes to the shuffling algorithm or game routines. What really causes "big hands" in poker are low stakes tables full of loose players, limping in and calling all the way to the river. With five community cards and numerous pairs of hole cards in play to a showdown, there will be wild hands. Once you start looking for patterns, you start seeing them. It's just human psychology and the nature of Texas Hold'em.
lol, ok thanks Kent I just wanted to check with you