Problem accessing my account.

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
pokerguymike

Problem accessing my account.

Post by pokerguymike »

Kent,

I haven't used my account in quite a while. I recently updated it to Lite 2.78, and I am unable to get to my game through pokermavens site. I see my game displayed when I go to the private games tab, but when I click on my game I get a message from Internet Explorer which says it cannot display the web page.

I have a router in which I enabled port forwarding, but still no luck. I'm wondering if I changed a setting somewhere and screwed something up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Problem accessing my account.

Post by Kent Briggs »

pokerguymike wrote:I have a router in which I enabled port forwarding, but still no luck. I'm wondering if I changed a setting somewhere and screwed something up. Any help would be greatly appreciated.
Download the Port Checker program from portforward.com and see if it shows your file and packet ports (8087 and 8088 are defaults) to be open:

http://www.portforward.com/help/portcheck.htm

If they aren't open, then either your port forwarding settings in your router are incorrect, your firewall software is blocking you, or your ISP is blocking you. You can email me a screen shot of your port forward settings and I'll take a look.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Also, make sure your Internet IP address hasn't changed. Double click that property on the System tab and then click the Lookup button.
pokerguymike

Post by pokerguymike »

Thanks for your help. I downloaded the program you suggested and have discovered that my ports are inaccessible. I went into the settings for my router, but after I put in the information and saved the new settings for port forwarding, it looks like my router is not saving the information. What I typed in is no longer displayed. How do I take a screenshot?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

pokerguymike wrote:Thanks for your help. I downloaded the program you suggested and have discovered that my ports are inaccessible. I went into the settings for my router, but after I put in the information and saved the new settings for port forwarding, it looks like my router is not saving the information. What I typed in is no longer displayed. How do I take a screenshot?
What is the make and model number of your router? For LinkSys routers, there's a Save Settings button at the bottom that has to be clicked. Hold the Alt key down and press the PrtScn button on your keyboard to take a snapshop of the focused window and place it on the Windows clipboard. PrtScn without the Alt key places the entire screen on the clipboard. Then paste that into any graphics editor (such as Windows Paint) and save it to a PNG file.
pokerguymike

Post by pokerguymike »

I have a lynksys WRT54G router. I input the following information:

application: pmavens
start: 8087
end: 8088
protocol: TCP
ip address: already filled in
enable: checked

When I click "save settings" it tells me the save was successful. However, when I go back to this area none of the information I put in is there...like it wasn't really saved. The ports are still not open.

Is there another setting for the router which must be enabled in order to save my port forwarding information?

Thanks again. I appreciate your help.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

pokerguymike wrote: ip address: already filled in
On mine, the ip address fills in "0" for the last part so that has to be changed to match the Local IP. But everything else looks right.

When I click "save settings" it tells me the save was successful. However, when I go back to this area none of the information I put in is there...like it wasn't really saved.
There's something wrong with your router then. You might need to do a factory reset using the button on the back or perhaps even upgrade the firmware. I googled for "linksys won't save settings" and found this thread:

http://forums.linksysbycisco.com/linksy ... .id=133393