Start of a ring game.

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
bappems

Start of a ring game.

Post by bappems »

Hello,

I'm fighting to find a way to get a ring game started with a ceartain amount of players. We have a weekly ring game setup every week for a few private individuals. But can't find a way to start the ring game with everyone seated at the same time. What they are wanting is to all be able to sit down at the same time and have everyone dealt on the first hand.

I've tried having them sit one by one, selecting ready and then hitting "Away Next Hand" until the table is filled with everyone and then unchecking the option and hitting ready. But it still ends up with the first 2 getting dealt and then the others getting "Waiting for BB". This leaves (depending on where they are sitting and where the dealer button is) some players waiting until the deal passes them (so it could be as much as 7 hands to sit out).

Is there a way around this that I'm not seeing :). Is there something I can do different in my setup?

Thanks!

Mark
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Start of a ring game.

Post by Kent Briggs »

bappems wrote: Is there a way around this that I'm not seeing :). Is there something I can do different in my setup?
Ring play automatically starts anytime there at least 2 players ready for play. However, try this: One by one, have each player buy in, click their "Start Now" button and then check their "Away Next Hand" box. They should then have a "Ready" button. Play will not start if you do this one at a time. Once everyone is seated, select "Pause" in the Action menu on the Ring Game tab in the server console or via the remote admin interface. Instruct everyone to click their Ready button. Nothing will happen because the play is paused. Now select "Resume" from the Action menu and away you go.
bappems

Re: Start of a ring game.

Post by bappems »

Kent,

Thanks! I knew there had to be a way around this :). Greatly appreciated.

Mark
Kent Briggs wrote:
bappems wrote: Is there a way around this that I'm not seeing :). Is there something I can do different in my setup?
Ring play automatically starts anytime there at least 2 players ready for play. However, try this: One by one, have each player buy in, click their "Start Now" button and then check their "Away Next Hand" box. They should then have a "Ready" button. Play will not start if you do this one at a time. Once everyone is seated, select "Pause" in the Action menu on the Ring Game tab in the server console or via the remote admin interface. Instruct everyone to click their Ready button. Nothing will happen because the play is paused. Now select "Resume" from the Action menu and away you go.