Can you hide/show games to certain people in their lobby?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Krustbox

Can you hide/show games to certain people in their lobby?

Post by Krustbox »

I've been working on plans for a project, had another question about your software. Is it possible to use the player's custom field as a sort of "flag" and only allow them to see/join games that match their flag? For example, players from USA could only see USA ring games and tournaments in the lobby if they had the USA "ticket' or "flag" in their custom field. Can this be done in the current software version? I'm asking because i'd like to have a ton, and i mean a ton, of tables but have them split to different groups so that the player's lobby isn't overloaded with the number of actual tables, but can only see the tables they are allowed to play. Hope that makes sense. Put more simply, is there a way to control what tables a player sees in their lobby, or do they always see every active table on the server? Maybe by matching player's custom field with a keyword in the table description? Thanks for any feedback.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Can you hide/show games to certain people in their lobby?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Krustbox wrote:Is it possible to use the player's custom field as a sort of "flag" and only allow them to see/join games that match their flag?
You can password protect tables to keep people from joining or observing them but you can't hide them in the list nor restrict them by player account.
I'm asking because i'd like to have a ton, and i mean a ton, of tables but have them split to different groups so that the player's lobby isn't overloaded with the number of actual tables
You're unlikely to be able to handle more than a few hundred logins at any given time and thus there won't be much reason to have more than a few dozen tables listed. You can however use the API to create and remove tables on-the-fly from a web script or external program based on whatever criteria you decide.