Card Shuffling Simulator

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Card Shuffling Simulator

Post by Kent Briggs »

steveairway wrote:wow the program shuffles 100,00 0 times before a hand?
No, if you select 100,000 shuffles then you'll get a 100,000 hands. Then you can run a statistical analysis on all those hands.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Would it be hard (for you) to make the server shuffle before each street so it would (almost) impossible to see future streets by a malicious admin/server owner?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Grim wrote:Would it be hard (for you) to make the server shuffle before each street so it would (almost) impossible to see future streets by a malicious admin/server owner?
You could throw up a few speed bumps here and there but because the software runs on their hardware, there's really nothing to stop an owner that was intent on running a crooked site.
Grim

Post by Grim »

Yeah I know, and I don't know how easy or hard it would be to pull the coming cards from memory, but since most poker sites are doing this (usually triggered by a previous malicious employee) it holds some merit. Poker software security is pretty much the same sing and dance routine you have with airline security. It has a theoretical value, but it's mostly to give the illusion that users are safe from hijacking. I don't see a downside to it, since I don't have to do it ;), but I suspect it isn't a lot of extra work. I understand that you have other things on your to-do list and you don't feel this adds value, but I think it does. Granted, I doubt the current solution will prevent a sale but the other solution will prevent some of the "online poker is rigged" rants that we admins have to endure.

Then again, someone being able to pull cards from memory - which certainly wouldn't be 99.9% of the poker admins - might be capable of injecting the next cards anyways?