2.70 Beta Testers Needed

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

2.70 Beta Testers Needed

Post by Kent Briggs »

Contact me via email if you are interested in beta testing version 2.70 (Lite, Pro, and Gold customers). This will mainly be of interest to those with non-English players. Version 2.70 is now fully Unicode compatible and contains a new "Language" tab with a translation table for every caption and message that appears in the Flash client (about 550 items). There are no built-in translations but they can be saved or loaded to disk files so I hope to collect customer-submitted files in as many languages as possible and post them on the web site. English sites can also use the feature if you just want to change the default wording in a caption or message.
deisss

Re: 2.70 Beta Testers Needed

Post by deisss »

Ok, i contact with you via email
madcow

Post by madcow »

Hi Kent,

for the language options, this is one static option for the language, can we have like an option for the player to choose which language they want to display as? as well as on the admin setting that saying which language is the default display language ? .. right now, once we change one language all changed right ? since we have variaties of players some know this language some don't .. or maybe there is setting already?

thanks
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:for the language options, this is one static option for the language, can we have like an option for the player to choose which language they want to display as? as well as on the admin setting that saying which language is the default display language ? .. right now, once we change one language all changed right ? since we have variaties of players some know this language some don't .. or maybe there is setting already?
For the time being, only one language file can be active at a time. To switch, you have to take the server offline, import the language file, and go back online. Most of the messages actually originate in the server and are broadcast to the clients in real time. The only way to support multiple languages concurrently would be to build custom packets on the fly for every connection and the existing design wasn't made to work like that. I'll be keeping it mind for the next major version however.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

deisss wrote:Ok, i contact with you via email
I have not received any emails from you. Did you send one?
deisss

Post by deisss »

Ok =)