Add-ons did not work tonight

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
DoubleEagle

Add-ons did not work tonight

Post by DoubleEagle »

We had a problem with tournament add-ons tonight. I set up two tournaments to run at the same time, but I specified synchronized breaks as occasionally we extend the start time if there are not enough players. I was expecting several players would be playing both tournaments. At the break on both tournaments, no one could add-on. Strangely, the add-ons started working near the end of the break or just after. Looking at the logs, it appears thatsome table were able to add-on after the break at the end of the first hand. Unfortunately several people missed out on the add-on because it wasn't working when the break started. Help.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Add-ons did not work tonight

Post by Kent Briggs »

The add-on period should start when the rebuy period ends. If you're syncing breaks with the system clock (instead of the levels) then the rebuy period likely won't be synced with the break. And if there is no break then the add-on period only lasts for 1 minute.
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Not sure I understand. There was a 5 minute break. But it appears the add-ons we’re not offered until after the first hand just after the break.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DoubleEagle wrote:Not sure I understand. There was a 5 minute break. But it appears the add-ons we’re not offered until after the first hand just after the break.
If "Break sync" is Yes then the break is tied to the system clock and not the level change (which is based on the tournament's own internal timer) so those could differ by several seconds and mess up the timing.