"adjusting for consistency" lines in hand history files

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
setspike

"adjusting for consistency" lines in hand history files

Post by setspike »

Hi Kent,

Can you help me understand under what conditions "adjusting for consistency" occurs?

2021-06-07 20:27:58 table **Table Name** hand (93567) adjusting for consistency - deducting 17.00

Thanks.

- J
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: "adjusting for consistency" lines in hand history files

Post by Kent Briggs »

Those words appear nowhere in my code. Are you using any third-party programs?
setspike

Post by setspike »

Hi Kent,

I only use the windows app, the web admin interface, or scripts that use the Poker Mavens API. I’m not doing anything that touches the hand history files directly.

- J
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

setspike wrote:I only use the windows app, the web admin interface, or scripts that use the Poker Mavens API. I’m not doing anything that touches the hand history files directly.
Did you write those scripts? Search through the script sources for that phrase.
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

I use that in the ProcessLogMavens script for indicating a count was not what is expected.

You can reach me directly through email
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

setspike wrote:Hi Kent,

Can you help me understand under what conditions "adjusting for consistency" occurs?

2021-06-07 20:27:58 table **Table Name** hand (93567) adjusting for consistency - deducting 17.00

Thanks.

- J
I can try to explain in general why that might be happening, though.

ProcessLogMavens ingests hand histories, correlates them by time and table, and then keeps track of what players showed up with, added on, and what they had when we no longer see them because they left the table, for instance. It then can calculate a player's win or loss.

When it does not see a player from one hand to the next, it thinks the player stood up. If it does see the player from one hand to the next though, it wants the count to be consistent (what you had last hand adjusting for results in the pot should be what you have at the start of the next hand).

Since the script can process hand histories across multiple sessions, though, what can often happen is as follows:

1. Player A is at the table for the last hand on Monday, at that point with $33 on the table. That is the last hand in that file.

2. The next file for that table begins with a game where Player A is also present. But now they have the full usual buy in of $50.

3. As far as the script is concerned, those are consecutive hands. But the count is not consistent. So it adjusts the chip count.

As long as you are seeing it in a boundary case like that it should make sense.

Again if you are concerned feel free to reach out to me at the email address provided in the comments at the top of the script.