Page 1 of 2

graphics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 9:22 am
by madcow
hi Kent,

can we specify that graphics remotely ? like bacground seat and avatar? so we can have the avatar uploaded by users instead of selecting those given avatars?

thanks..

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:06 am
by Kent Briggs
madcow wrote:can we specify that graphics remotely ? like bacground seat and avatar? so we can have the avatar uploaded by users instead of selecting those given avatars?


You can use the remote admin interface and/or API functions to set those but the actual graphic files have to be stored on the server's local file system. You'll have to design your own avatar upload system, however. Most likely you'll want some kind of human approval process to make sure they are the proper size, format, and content. Avatar images need to be 48x48 with transparent backgrounds so that they fit over the round seats.

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 10:46 am
by madcow
hi,
sorry what i meant was, setting the avatar on the remote server .. cuz i have a forum about 350k members and they have their own avatar and would like to set that by themself so when they change the avtar on the forum it will change on the poker ... as well as background and the seat .. but the bacground and seat can only set by admin ofcourse ..

instead of c:\avatar\useravat.gif we set http://vn2.com/avatars/useravatar.gif

same as the background and set ..

thanks

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 11:04 am
by Kent Briggs
madcow wrote:sorry what i meant was, setting the avatar on the remote server .. cuz i have a forum about 350k members and they have their own avatar and would like to set that by themself so when they change the avtar on the forum it will change on the poker ... as well as background and the seat .. but the bacground and seat can only set by admin ofcourse ..
instead of c:\avatar\useravat.gif we set http://vn2.com/avatars/useravatar.gif


You'll need to write an external program that downloads those images to the server's local drive. Then use the API functions to set them into the game. The flash client normally cannot access servers other than the one from which it was downloaded from.

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 5:16 pm
by madcow
hi,
oh ok. that's tough for me ..

another thing, can we hide the "Poker Mavens" on the /admin url before login ? i meant you can have everything after logged in .. i'm talking about the gold version ..

thanks ..

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sat Jun 13, 2009 6:23 pm
by Kent Briggs
madcow wrote:another thing, can we hide the "Poker Mavens" on the /admin url before login ?


Are you posting your /admin link on a public web site?

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 3:39 am
by madcow
hi,

no, but that's normally people will try ..

also, can you look at the font for vietnamese characters as well please?

thanks

tx

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 9:53 am
by Kent Briggs
madcow wrote:also, can you look at the font for vietnamese characters as well please?


Do any of the common Windows fonts (Arial, Tohoma, Verdana, Times New Roman, etc) support Vietnamese characters? I need to avoid compiling a font directly into the flash client because it increases the file size too much. Can you give me a link to a sample web site that will properly show Vietnamese characters in my browser (IE, FireFox, or Chrome)? You might need to post a sample screen shot so I'll know if my browser rendered it correctly.

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 4:08 pm
by madcow
Hi,

http://vn2.com would display vietnamese there .. and the vietnamese fonts u might see this to see if it's fit .. http://www.vps.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=22

sample: i tried some here .. but :
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]

Incorrect string value: '\xE1\xBA\xAF \xC3\xA0...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366


thanks

Re: graphics

PostPosted: Sun Jun 14, 2009 5:21 pm
by Kent Briggs
madcow wrote:http://vn2.com would display vietnamese there .. and the vietnamese fonts u might see this to see if it's fit .. http://www.vps.org/rubrique.php3?id_rubrique=22
sample: i tried some here .. but :
SQL ERROR [ mysql4 ]
Incorrect string value: '\xE1\xBA\xAF \xC3\xA0...' for column 'post_text' at row 1 [1366


I can copy and paste characters from that page into here and it looks fine in the Preview. But you're right, the submit doesn't work. Must be a problem with how phpbb stores data in the database. However, I have no problem copying and pasting into Poker Mavens chat. So it can't be a font issue. Why would direct keyboard entry not work? See attached pic.