Tournament players stuck on Waiting list with open seats

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
tylermg

Tournament players stuck on Waiting list with open seats

Post by tylermg »

I am certain this is my error, but can someone help me avoid this going forward?

I had a scheduled tourney with 27 players max setting. It was a scheduled event to start at 830PM with 15 min late registration allowed.

When the tournament started 4 players were left on the waiting list and not seated, and 13 players were seated and began playing. I couldn't figure out any way to get the players off the wait list and to the open seats in the event.

We waited until late registration was finished, assuming it would seat them then, and nothing. While there was enough seats for them at the running tables, and an empty table.

It was the last 4 people who registered and was very close to the tourney start, but they were all in prior to the start time.

Is there anything I can do to force players to their seats or something I wasn't doing correctly?

I had to create a new tournament, end the one we had going after 30 min, and restart a new one so everyone could play. This was obviously a very bad thing for players who had had a good start. And I really want to know how to avoid this going forward.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Tournament players stuck on Waiting list with open seats

Post by Kent Briggs »

Not sure what could have caused that. I'd like to see the tournament settings and the portion of the event log that recorded all of the registrations.
tylermg

Post by tylermg »

Kent Briggs wrote:Not sure what could have caused that. I'd like to see the tournament settings and the portion of the event log that recorded all of the registrations.
Logs sent
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Your logs show that the tournament started at 20:30:07 with 11 players. Then 4 other players tried to register after that start time but your "Late Registration" setting is 0. So those players went into the waiting list for the next one. If you don't want to allow registrations while a tournament is running either set "Registration Period" to -1 or "Maximum Runs" to 1.
tylermg

Post by tylermg »

Thanks for the clarification. I was certain this was a mistake on my end. Appreciate your help.