Addons and Bounty

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
bclimb1983

Addons and Bounty

Post by bclimb1983 »

While I saw another post confirm that you can't have a rebuy tournament with bounties but as an alternative you can have a re-entry tournament with bounties.

My question is can I also have an optional add-on at the end of the entry period (3 levels) for a bounty tournament??? If not - what is the reason? I'd like to provide the feedback to my players as this is the game type that is being requested.

Thank you!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Addons and Bounty

Post by Kent Briggs »

An add-on is just a last chance rebuy that occurs at the end of a rebuy period. This has no relation to a re-entry, which is just a late registration open to anyone not currently playing.
bclimb1983

Post by bclimb1983 »

I guess I would disagree - which is why they are named differently and you can have add-ons in freeze out tournaments. The inability to mix and match rebuys, re-entries, add-ons, and bounties is frustrating as each has its unique impact on the tournament:

Add-ons
Set to be a unique cost and amount of chips from the entry fee.
Don't have house fees
build the prize pool without creating as much loose play as rebuys/re-entries do.

Rebuys
Immediate decision required to keep keep playing
Typically no house fees
Not forced to back of waiting list
No reseating
could encourage loose play

Re-entries
No immediate decision required if you want to continue to playing in the tournament (cool off period)
Moved to back of wait list
Typically includes house fees
Includes reseating
could encourage loose play

Bounties
Not impacted by any of the above except
Creates value for players who may not cash at final table
does not increase chip sizes and/or length of tournament

Our goal is to have a bounty tournament that allows for the add-on to build the prize pool and still prevent the "I can always rebuy" loose play mentality. I'm assuming that we will just have to manually track bounties in this case. I still didn't get a explanation of why this isn't allowed.

Don't get me wrong - I love the software and appreciate the continuous improvements that have been made. I'm just providing feedback from my game for consideration.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

bclimb1983 wrote:you can have add-ons in freeze out tournaments.
Do you know any sites that do this? If so, I bet it's pretty rare.