More trouble with re-buy tournaments (still learning)

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Goodshoe

More trouble with re-buy tournaments (still learning)

Post by Goodshoe »

I hosted a $40 re-buy tournament, yesterday. However, despite my best intentions, my players were not able to re-buy. I could not figure out what went wrong. Here's what happened.

We had 10-players. Tourney was set to max 9 players per table, so we had two tables of 5 players each. We started with 7,000 chips. Late registration was allowed through first 4 blind levels. Re-buy was allowed through first 6 levels with a re-buy threshold of 500 or fewer chips.

During the 5th blind level, a player busted out. He wanted to re-buy. Immediately upon being eliminated, the tournament was consolidated down to a single final table of 9 players. The busted-out player did not have the opportunity, or failed to take the opportunity, to re-buy. He tells me that there was no re-buy button or anything like that. He didn't know what he was supposed to do, to re-buy.

The player then tried to re-enter the tournament, I believe by re-registering, but he was placed on a wait-list. He was not allowed to re-enter and eventually just unregistered and gave up.

What went wrong? Why was the player unable to re-buy?

Thank you!

Scott
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: More trouble with re-buy tournaments (still learning)

Post by Kent Briggs »

The rebuy period (and the late reg period) will end immediately when the prize pool starts getting awarded. So check when that happened. Eliminated players cannot re-enter a tournament, regardless if the rebuy period or late reg period is still active. But if the rebuy period is still active, a player that loses all their chips should see a rebuy button and have a full turn's worth of time to click it.