Password Recovery and SMTP Errors

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
merckury

Password Recovery and SMTP Errors

Post by merckury »

Hi,

I'm trying to enable password recovery for players using Microsoft Office 365 SMTP.
I've loaded the SSL files to the Program Folders (x86) as instructed in another thread.
I tried an external STMP test portal and it worked for both port 25 and 587 but when I try it on the Mavens server 6.26 Pro it fails with the following error message depends on the port;

Port 587: Email Failure (Could not load SSL Library.) Sending password change code to <username> at <email address>
Port 25: Email Failure (Connect timed out.) Sending password change code to <username> at <email address>

Just wondering if anyone knows how I could resolve this issue please?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Password Recovery and SMTP Errors

Post by Kent Briggs »

Put the two OpenSSL .dll files into the program folder (where PMServer.exe is located) for the SSL library support. See item 5 in the FAQ for the link:

http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm

Use the 64-bit version if you have the 64-bit Gold edition installed. Otherwise use the 32-bit version.
merckury

Post by merckury »

Hi Kent,

Thanks for your quick response.
I have the pro version installed so I believe it's not 64-bit
I tried and here's the error I got (using port 587)

Email failure (error connecting with SSL. Error: 1408F10B:SSL routines:SSL3_GET_RECORD:wrong version number) sending password charge code to <username> at <email address>

Just to test, I tried the 64-bit version too and it errored out like past.
Every time I copied the DLLs, I killed the server and restarted again. Any ideas?

Thanks
merckury

Post by merckury »

One other note:
When I used the other SMTP test website to make sure it's not an Office 365 issue, there were two items related to SSK and Authentication. I only see one option in the server software that says Secure Connection. Not sure if it matters

This mail was directly sent by smtp.office365.com.

SMTP host: smtp.office365.com
Port: 587
Use SLL: True
Use Authentication: True

Authentication name: <user name>
Authentication password: [password]
Email from: <sender email>
Email to: <user email address>
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

The only SMTP server I've successfully used is Google's gmail server and only if you follow the steps mentioned in the FAQ where you can disable the OAuth feature for your account (i.e., "Allow less secure apps"). Perhaps office365 has a similar setting? And yes, you definitely need the 32-bit OpenSSL files for your Pro version.
merckury

Post by merckury »

Thanks Kent. the less secure Gmail option worked here. I also tried using Office 365 App Password that is designed for less secure Apps without Modern Auth but it didn't work. It'd be a good feature to have in the application as most email services are now forcing users to migrate to more secure auth model. Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

merckury wrote:It'd be a good feature to have in the application as most email services are now forcing users to migrate to more secure auth model.
It's unfortunately not available in the set of socket components I currently use.