New administrator

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Chuckradio24

New administrator

Post by Chuckradio24 »

Hello all.
Where is the best place to start learning how to run a tournament here? I know how to run a live tournament, but I've never done it online.
I downloaded the trial version and want to buy the Pro version, but I won't until I understand how it works...
How do I send an email link to players?
How do I set the starting chip amounts / time the tournament starts / blind intervals / logos on tables / bonus chips to start / rebuys for more than the starting amount at the halfway point?
Thanks,
Chuck
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: New administrator

Post by Kent Briggs »

Chuckradio24 wrote:How do I send an email link to players?
You can use the Buddy List functions for that, which are accessed from the Lists button on the Accounts tab toolbar. That requires setting up the SMTP Settings on the System tab first. Details on doing that with a gmail account are described in the FAQ at http://www.briggsoft.com/pmfaq.htm

An easier way is to just use the Export button on the Accounts tab and export email addresses to a text file where you can use your normal email program to send an email link. The link will just be your Internet IP address with the File Port. Press F1 in the program to display the help file and start with the "Getting Started" section.
How do I set the starting chip amounts / time the tournament starts / blind intervals / logos on tables / bonus chips to start / rebuys for more than the starting amount at the halfway point?
Click the Add button on the Tournaments tab to add a tournament. Click on each individual setting and read the yellow help bubble that describes what that field is for.
Chuckradio24

Post by Chuckradio24 »

Thanks for your reply.
Honestly, all of that went over my head.
I couldn't even get fo the point of how to send out emails to invite players.
I can see that an expert tech person is needed to get this going.
Is there anyone out there who would be willing to walk me though the whole process to get a tournament started?
Doing it via a phone or Skype call would work.
I'm willing to pay.
Chuck
MavensTools

Post by MavensTools »

Chuck, I'd be happy to work with you to help you get set up. I run my own Mavens site and have helped others set up theirs as well.

Feel free to contact me at [email protected].
Thanks,
LB Finer

P.S. I have also developed many enhancements to Mavens, which you can read about at the link below. Perhaps down the line, when you are up and running, you might be interested in some of them.
http://www.briggsoft.com/forums/viewtop ... =60#p13892
LB Finer
Mavens Tools — Enhance your Mavens experience with text alerts, hand viewer, game summaries, reports and more