Ticket/Tokens

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
DoubleEagle

Ticket/Tokens

Post by DoubleEagle »

I am not clear on how to award a tournament ticket to a specific player. If I access a player's account and click on "Tokens" and then "Add a ticket," a box pops up to "Add ticket token." Do I just enter a random alpha numeric token number of my own choosing? And then enter that code into the tournament "Ticket" field so that it can be redeemed?

Sorry, I've read the help file and I can't find where it addresses this. Thanks!
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Ticket/Tokens

Post by Kent Briggs »

Yes, you can manually give tickets to players as you described above. Or they can be awarded as part of a tournament payout using the "Payout tickets" setting that each tournament has. They were designed for this purpose to create a satellite tournament system so tickets awarded by a lower level tournament can be used as the buy-in for a higher level tournament.
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Kent:

Following up. Here is what I want to do. I would like to give a player or players the gift of a tournament ticket. However, I do not want everyone else to see that a ticket is available as a payment option when they register for the tournament. Is there a way to issue a ticket to a specific player in a specific tournament without the entire player field being able to see that a ticket is a available when they register? I don't want to have to answer all the questions, "Why didn't I get a ticket to tournament?"
Supersonics

Post by Supersonics »

I had no idea about tickets for satellite tourney winners, what a great feature! I have been running satellite tournaments and normally fund them myself, this will save me a lot of money, ROFL.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DoubleEagle wrote:Is there a way to issue a ticket to a specific player in a specific tournament without the entire player field being able to see that a ticket is a available when they register?
No, it's not a secret system.
I don't want to have to answer all the questions, "Why didn't I get a ticket to tournament?"
I'd suggest making use of the Site News and Site FAQ feature to explain details like that.