Password Character Restrictions?

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
DoubleEagle

Password Character Restrictions?

Post by DoubleEagle »

Are there any any password restrictions such certain excluded characters or length? I was trying to reset a password using a new password with 15 characters containing random alpha numeric and special characters (!@#$%^&*). Kept getting a bad password message.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Password Character Restrictions?

Post by Kent Briggs »

Give me a specific example of one and I'll try it.
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Kent Briggs wrote:Give me a specific example of one and I'll try it.
k*yDup3LTpD#4Dj
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

And how exactly were you resetting the password? I assume you are referring to a player account password.
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

Kent Briggs wrote:And how exactly were you resetting the password? I assume you are referring to a player account password.
I was testing the password reset feature on my own account (I am the admin) since I only recently got the email working. I got the validation code and entered it the the code box and then entered the new password. It would not accept it. Tried several more times and got locked out. Waited and tried again with new validation code. Password not accepted. So got new validation code I tried my old password and it took it. It was only 8 characters but still random as above.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

DoubleEagle wrote:I was testing the password reset feature on my own account (I am the admin) since I only recently got the email working. I got the validation code and entered it the the code box and then entered the new password. It would not accept it.
I am unable to duplicate this. I typed in my ValCode (P189330FD) in the Validation Code box and then typed in k*yDup3LTpD#4Dj in the Password box and clicked Ok. It immediately logs me in. If the ValCode is correct, whatever you type in the Password box is accepted as your new password. It is not compared against anything so it should always work. Show me a screenshot of the error message you are seeing.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

Just to be clear, make sure you are entering both the val code and the new password before clicking the Ok button or the Enter key. It's all done in one step.
DoubleEagle

Post by DoubleEagle »

I think I figured out the problem. I was double clicking the validation code from the email and then copying and pasting into the login screen. It appears when doing this that an extra space was appended after the code. After I made sure there was not an extra space I was able to change the password. Thank you!