Table Size Preference for Tournaments

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Supersonics

Table Size Preference for Tournaments

Post by Supersonics »

I hosted 77 tournaments during my first 'Season' from April-June, and I'm getting ready for 'Season' 2 to start in a week. I'm making some minor changes to my settings and I'm wondering about my table size.

My tournament field for my 'Main Event' averages 30 players, and we have been playing on tables with 10 players per table. I'm thinking about reducing the table size to 8 to offer a better experience to the field. Also, we pay out the top 8 when the field is over 30 players, so this would make the Final Table only have players who are in the money. (1 ReBuy is available for the first 60 minutes, and 1 AddOn at the 60 minute break, so our Prize Pool is still decent with 8 payout spots)

This link below has feedback from several pro players about an ideal table size for a tournament, and after reading through the comments, I'm thinking that a table size of 8 would be more fun for my group. 10 can be really tough, I have had to play SO tight in order to survive. 6 may be too small, we have a zoom feed going during the tournament and the trash-talking would take a hit with only 6 at a table.

I'm curious what some of you are doing?

https://www.pokernews.com/news/2018/12/ ... -32793.htm

Thanks,
Supersonics
zxzx10r

Re: Table Size Preference for Tournaments

Post by zxzx10r »

I agree, 10 players in a table is Bingo in tournys and cash.

9 is great, 8 is the best by far.