emergency

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
madcow

emergency

Post by madcow »

hi Kent,

this is the problem i got with the server .. i saw the stop button is gone but i can't start the server .. here are the pix ..

the server said, offline and no connection, but we still can play .. etc... etc..

the local administration is not working ..
Attachments
3.jpg
3.jpg (108.6 KiB) Viewed 194031 times
2.jpg
2.jpg (147.42 KiB) Viewed 194031 times
1.jpg
1.jpg (136.63 KiB) Viewed 194031 times
madcow

Re: emergency

Post by madcow »

here is the next part of the images...
Attachments
7.jpg
7.jpg (115.84 KiB) Viewed 194029 times
6.jpg (159.81 KiB) Viewed 194029 times
5.jpg (191.52 KiB) Viewed 194029 times
madcow

Post by madcow »

by the way .. after i killed the application .. the game still running .. people still playing .. even i killed the process in the task manager ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:by the way .. after i killed the application .. the game still running .. people still playing .. even i killed the process in the task manager ..
You likely have a second copy running in a different Windows session. Bring the Windows task manager back up and check the "Show process from all users" box and see if PMServer.exe shows up. If that doesn't work, start up Poker Mavens and make sure "Auto start server at bootup" is set to "No". Then close that down and reboot the computer. That will stop any other copies running and prevent them from restarting.
madcow

Post by madcow »

hi,
i checked the process and killed it .. still the same ..

when i start the pmv again it got something like 38 crash recoveries or something .. but still the same message ..

so i had to restart the machine .. which then lost all my tournament registration records ... all those users registered into the tournament are gone ..
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

madcow wrote:hi,
i checked the process and killed it .. still the same ..
when i start the pmv again it got something like 38 crash recoveries or something .. but still the same message ..
so i had to restart the machine .. which then lost all my tournament registration records ... all those users registered into the tournament are gone ..
That's all to be expected when you reboot with live connections. The crash recovery system should have refunded all those accounts, however.