For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Poker Mavens 6.20 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

Upgrade page:

http://www.briggsoft.com/patches.htm

Changes:

Bounties now awarded to relevant pot winner. Previously it was awarding the bounty only to the main pot winner. If there are side pots, the relevant pot is the highest pot number that the eliminated player contributed to.

Added bounty/knockout info to TourneyResults file. Example:

Code: Select all

Tournament=Bounty Test
Number=1655
Currency=Primary
BuyIn=1500+0
Bounty=100
PrizeBonus=0
MultiplyBonus=No
Entrants=4
Late=0
Tickets=0
Removed=0
Rebuys=0
AddOns=0
RebuyCost=0+0
NetBonus=0
StopOnChop=No
Start=2020-05-23 16:41:41
Place4=pm3 (0+0) KO:pm2
Place3=pm4 (0+0) KO:pm2
Place2=pm1 (0+0) KO:pm2
Place1=pm2 (5600+400) KO:pm2
Stop=2020-05-23 16:42:17
Notice the new Bounty field after the Buy-In. If Bounty > 0 then the prize collected by each player will show in parenthesis as (prize+bounties). The player who made the knockout will be indicated by the new "KO:" marker. The knockouts will be displayed even if Bounty = 0. The winner gets credit for his own knockout.

Fixed bounty credit bug for aborted/crashed tournaments. Previously it was not crediting the bounty portion of the buy-in back to each player if the tournament was aborted.

Added Bty column to Tournaments grid in the server console to show the Bounty field.

Fixed crash file bug for house tournament and ring game accounts. Previously the crash recovery function was not debiting these House accounts correctly.

Observers can now see "Next Break" time. Previously only active players would see this field.
nicofrank

Re: Poker Mavens 6.20 Released

Post by nicofrank »

This is great! I just ran a bounty tournament on Friday and noticed the results did not include the bounties. I was intending to reach out to request this and you already did it!

Thanks Kent!!
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

nicofrank wrote:This is great! I just ran a bounty tournament on Friday and noticed the results did not include the bounties. I was intending to reach out to request this and you already did it!

Thanks Kent!!
Same here with a tournament last night.

Great improvement, thanks, Kent.
pleaseadddrawgames

Post by pleaseadddrawgames »

yep
SpykeDaddy

Post by SpykeDaddy »

Is this patch working for anyone? My version keeps telling me it can't find the old 6.19 version.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

SpykeDaddy wrote:Is this patch working for anyone? My version keeps telling me it can't find the old 6.19 version.
Double-check that you downloaded the correct one (Lite, Pro, or Gold). Otherwise email me with your license key.
SpykeDaddy

Post by SpykeDaddy »

Kent Briggs wrote:
SpykeDaddy wrote:Is this patch working for anyone? My version keeps telling me it can't find the old 6.19 version.
Double-check that you downloaded the correct one (Lite, Pro, or Gold). Otherwise email me with your license key.
That was it. I downloaded the wrong update file. Thank you!
deikalion

Post by deikalion »

Sorry for stupid questions. Can anyone elaborate for me what does ot mean "bounty tournament"? Whats the difference from regular tournament?
StevieG

Post by StevieG »

Bounty tournament indicates that a prize is given for knocking a player out of a tournament.

In brick & mortar card rooms this usually involves a special token that you must push into the pot if you go all in. At the end of the tournament, any bounties you have claimed (or your own unclaimed bounty if you win the event) are turned in and redeemed for the prize money.
joeyroberts

Post by joeyroberts »

I am able to enable the Bounty feature when using the windows gui but when using the web-based administration interface the Bounty field shows (not authorized)

This was the case for me with the previous versions that supported Bounty also. I have not experimented to see if bounty works correctly for me beyond creating a tournament.

Is there a chance that bounty and rebuy might both be allowed at the same time in a future version? Our made-up rules are to start the bounty portion after the rebuy period, but maybe that is too uncommon a scenario to be worth implementing.

Thanks!