Poker Mavens 6.20 Released

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Poker Mavens 6.20 Released

Post by Kent Briggs »

joeyroberts wrote:I am able to enable the Bounty feature when using the windows gui but when using the web-based administration interface the Bounty field shows (not authorized)
Because it's a new field, you just need to edit the Admin Profile that you've assigned to your account and enable that field as ReadOnly or ReadWrite.
Is there a chance that bounty and rebuy might both be allowed at the same time in a future version?
Allowing rebuys kind of defeats the purpose of the knockout bounty if the player can't be knocked out.
hxe

Post by hxe »

Kent Briggs wrote: Allowing rebuys kind of defeats the purpose of the knockout bounty if the player can't be knocked out.
I look at it as the same as the entire concept of a rebuy.
"Knock" a guy down to zero (assuming it's set to 0 and not the "rebuy when not 0") and you get his bounty value. He rebuys and gets more Tchips and someone else can get his bounty again.
ftpjesus

Post by ftpjesus »

Just saying but normally KO tournaments arent rebuys.. Kinda defeats the purpose as others have said but I suppose hey if you want to allow it be my guest..
Owner Operator of (TBA)
http://www.( TBA ) .com (Home Page)
http://www. (TBA) .net (Play Money)
http://www. (TBA) .eu (BTC Token tied currency and Stable Coins through Crypto quasi real money play)
hxe

Post by hxe »

ftpjesus wrote:Just saying but normally KO tournaments arent rebuys.. Kinda defeats the purpose as others have said but I suppose hey if you want to allow it be my guest..
I think the reference point a lot of us are using is Pokerstars (for some reason) and while they dont' have "rebuys" in the sense where you stay in the same seat, you are allowed a reentry in some tournaments which for all intents and purposes is the same thing if your rebuy is set to the same value as the initial entry fee.

And while maybe not common in cardrooms, practically every home game that I've ever played a bounty has had rebuys in the tournament.

What I would love to see though is the ability to have different rebuy values relative to the initial buyin.
I had someone request a game tonight where (for example) we'd have a 500 chip buyin with unlimited 20 chip rebuys. What we would love to see is that 500 go into the main pot as normal and the 20 chip rebuy goes straight to a bounty.
hxe

Post by hxe »

I thought of something today actually.

I think I might be able to do a rebuy bounty game based on callbacks (assuming nothing has changed in 6.20 vs 6.18, I still have to read the changelog because there were changes as to what was displayed in terms of who got bountied) by reading the balance change event and the hand history event.

I'm already set up for a bounty game via callbacks (this was before 6.19 introduced them) so it might not be too much of a stretch to parse out the hand history to see who won the pot and award them a bounty based on callbacks.
But I'm afraid to upgrade since there were changes as to what was reported by the callback system when someone is knocked out by 2 people which is the main reason I haven't upgraded yet.

Kent addressed this in 6.19's thread I think because of how fractional chips (didn't) work.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

hxe wrote:(assuming nothing has changed in 6.20 vs 6.18, I still have to read the changelog because there were changes as to what was displayed in terms of who got bountied) by reading the balance change event and the hand history event.
The knockout callback in 6.20 is consistent with the built-in feature: the winner of the relevant pot gets credit for the bounty. Earliest position played serves as a tiebreaker if that pot was split. If you wanted to allow for split bounties you could just pull the hand using the API, check for a split, and award chips accordingly.