Blind timer display

For general discussion of the Poker Mavens software
revanchorman

Blind timer display

Post by revanchorman »

If I’ve missed this I apologize. Is there a way for the user’s interface to show a countdown timer to blind increases?
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Re: Blind timer display

Post by Kent Briggs »

Mouse-over the Total box at the top of the table or select Statistics from the table menu.
revanchorman

Post by revanchorman »

Great, thanks!

Is there a way to have some sort of chime or visual effect when the blinds change? I know it appears in chat, but we're coupling poker with Zoom, so we don't use the chat.
Kent Briggs
Site Admin

Post by Kent Briggs »

revanchorman wrote:Is there a way to have some sort of chime or visual effect when the blinds change?
There is no audio effect on a blinds change. But the visual effect is that you can see the blinds being posted are larger than they were the hand before. It's not exactly a secret.
thlayli

Post by thlayli »

I keep debating about chiming in here about this. I am also a relatively new to this software, having run live games for years. I think that's the key to a lot of these requests. Players from live games are used to seeing a clock. I think that notifying people of an impending blind change can help people to make decisions for the game.

For example, my tournaments have a rebuy period, and players often complain to me that being notified that the rebuy period will end at the end of the hand isn't enough. A short stack might want to get aggressive to avoid the rebuy, or might get wild, hoping to get lucky...

I know I play close attention to the format and the approximate time; but I'm running things, and know how they work. Normal players don't really do that.

I also understand that a running clock might be tough to implement and sync, so here are a couple of suggestions (maybe options in the config):
1. when the clock reaches 1 minute left in the level, have the chat announce "One Minute left in the current level", like you do for breaks. This might include something for the end of late reg, or rebuys, etc...

2. As the clock gets closer to a blind change (again at a minute or so). Maybe make the blind text on the screen change color to yellow, then to orange/red at 30 secs.

3. provide callback events for timers, where I can set to callback at various signals, and I can use the api to send the chat messages myself. Maybe this includes info about it being the break, or end of late reg/rebuy/addon...

Just some thoughts to help the players, since they aren't paying as close attention as we might, but still like to complain when they don't like their situation.